One-way EuroTunnel (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Have 'searched' this question with no luck.

We have booked a one way tesco ticket on euro tunnel as we do not want to be tied down to a day/time return ticket. My question to you experts is on our return Calais to Folkstone how do we go about buying the best priced return ticket, is there a shop nearby on the day or will we need to use the internet and collect the ticket when we arrive?

Help or any suggestions most welcome and thank you in advance! :Smile:

Andrew

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I always book single fares, too. Cheapest is always online, I think. Once had to buy at the tunnel and it was an arm and a leg. I think going online in France is your best option.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'd say internet and as far in advance as you can. I went out on Eurotunnel but came back by ferry only because it was cheaper with 3 dogs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Found a new way last time I returned with no ticket. DFDS Norfolkline have an online facility in the booking office. Was told at the desk its cheaper to use there online than speak to a human at the window.OK I had to wait 3 hours for the best price but didnt have to look for an internet cafe,it was safe and I didnt have to pay internet cafe fees.

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I would suggest an internet booking also, as far in advance as you are able

Although I always print the e-mailed booking confirmation to take with us, on the last couple of trips it has not been necessary as the automatic check-in machines seem to use a number plate recognition system to book you in so you need not worry about having to collect a ticket

As they say 'simples' :thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We always book on-line as we're travelling up through France - have usually paid about ÂŁ70 for a ticket.

No need to collect ticket - as MrsShiftZZ says - the automatic check-in recognises your reg number. I think you may need to make a note of a ref number or something like that but you don't need a printed ticket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We've found it's sporadic if they want you to tell em the booking number on the 'ticket' or not, I think if you are fairly near to your train time, then they find ya.

Coming back the last time we weren't all that far in front, we proceeded round the carpark as they were still loading the previous train then just as Pete put the handbrake on, they said on the sign for our train, 'Proceed', so he let the brake off and complied. We and another couple of M'homes waited for a few minutes then the barrie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back