• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

AUCTION One Mother in law...hardly used (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2014
peterborough
Funster No
MH
micro van
Exp
Hahahaha,thanks all for such a good thread, I have immune system problems ,and am awake waiting for antihistamines to work. You have made my night, although I am edging into the auctionable age!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
This Mother in Law is still here and still for sale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Would you consider a trade in?

I have a much younger model available but would waive any cash back:xThumb:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Forgot to ask can said MIL knit anything ? I need some decorations for the garden a la wool bombing stylee?!:xgrin:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Have you considered placing your advert in the Benidorm Local Brit Newspapers.
The response may well be overwhelming for such a young lady, especially if she does not need a mobility buggy.
I know fellow Funsters who might be interested, but I notice there is no mention in your add regarding experience of grey water and cassette disposal, can she drive and if so does she have any A framing experience.
Cheers
Ed

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have a slightly younger model to dispose of (88), but I have to be honest and say she is slightly faulty, so it's sold as seen. The hearing apparatus seems to be one of the main areas where repairs are required, although the voice control seems to be stuck somewhere between 'complain' and 'ignore'. Just recently I have noticed that the catering facility cannot be changed from 'corned beef hash' and 'burnt salad', but maybe a 90 year service will sort things out. The mobility function was working fine until recently when someone gave her a wheelchair, since which her ability to walk unaided when her daughter is in earshot and available to push has noticeably declined. A cup of tea back home always restores the mobility function to normal so perhaps a reprogram of her on board computer is required using the latest microsoftamotherinlaw software.

Please let me know how much I need to pay you to take this splendid example of the species off our hands.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I just hope the MIL never gets to read this thread:xsurprised:
Priceless :xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
Brian & Jo

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If I could have years ago I would have paid for someone to take my MIL away :xrofl:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Was going to bid before I read @pappajohn 's thread regarding EBay's return policy - is MHF's the same ? ....... the worrying bottom seal issue might be a problem ..... Clifton's current model has the same problem so unless your model has a decent hearing system allowing the necessity of annoying subtitles having to be on when she's in residence, he says he'll (reluctantly) stick with the one he has - at least he knows her history....... :xgrin:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I wish I had a MIL.

I could return her faulty goods that she produced.

(No my wife never reads Fun)

Tis Me

Free Member
Dec 26, 2016
Tipton
Funster No
MH
2011 Movano Van Convert
Exp
They don't come on the market to often, what a rare opportunity to acquire such a gem and know doubt with a skill set as long as your arm, whatever the final bid "well worth it"

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
They don't come on the market to often, what a rare opportunity to acquire such a gem and know doubt with a skill set as long as your arm, whatever the final bid "well worth it"
After all our banter that is a lovely post!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Could I interest anyone in a MAM ....

Now 91 years old so has some slight leakage mainly on start-up with the odd backfire, runs well and can travel quite some distances under own power, needs regular top-ups but only uses the cheapest fuel so very efficient. Mechanically okay, still in original condition except for replacement cogs (teeth) but means no expensive repair bills for this, only uses inexpensive products to maintain its condition, no cosmetic/bling pimping required although an occasional wash is beneficial. Needs fettling regularly to avoid loud engine noises but once done is happy to run for a while on own ... however if neglected can get very noisy and refuse to stop!

All in all a well loved and cared for example that would be hard to part with ... but may do so if the price is right!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds like a keeper to me!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I would place a bid,
but looking closely at what she is plugged into I am worried she may have been re programmed or re booted at some point
do I suspect past running problems is she jail broke or original Android
If Apple Not Interested
G

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
For those interested in this mother-in-law, can I just point out that a M-I-L is for life, not just for Christmas.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For those interested in this mother-in-law, can I just point out that a M-I-L is for life, not just for Christmas.
As is a MAM ... especially since she informed us on Christmas Day that she intends to now live until 117!!! :xeek: Plenty of life left in her yet for the purchaser!!!:xThumb:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Is anyone interested in a Father in-law? He can be a bit grumpy at times but he did provide Remy Martin VSOP and damson gin for the drinks cupboard. He is extremely healthy for his age (86) so will probably last for years yet, very willing to work but can be a bit gung-ho.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I notice all auction items so far have been of the female persuasion.
I have a rare 88-year-old MALE version which one of the sellers may wish to buy in order to support their own sale : a couple may sell more readily than a single female.

EDIT just noticed @scousebird 's post!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What about a husband ... can be a bit 'pernickety' if over-fuelled, and likes to be well fed so consumption figures can be high, however good at routing out bargains, good at household chores especially cooking ... best to keep away from DIY though ....

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yer all Mad , Crazy too!:dance2:
-
-
-
-
-
-Keep it up :drinks:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I to still have a MIL. However, as her sewing, sausage rolls, mince pies (with home made mince) and chocolate moose are to die for, I regret she is not for sale under any circumstances. So you lot can bog off. :xshout:

Anyway, even if I were to sell her, this might provoke Management into asking her brothers to visit me. Both of them are just a little bit bigger than me. :xblush:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I to still have a MIL. However, as her sewing, sausage rolls, mince pies (with home made mince) and chocolate moose are to die for, I regret she is not for sale under any circumstances. So you lot can bog off. :xshout:

Anyway, even if I were to sell her, this might provoke Management into asking her brothers to visit me. Both of them are just a little bit bigger than me. :xblush:
... Can I interest you in a male model (!) ... er ... version to keep her happy?
Shows intelligent behaviour, enjoys companionship, can be trusted around children, does not shed, or bite, doesn't wander or get under your feet, all original parts are in place ...

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
If I ever become a MIL I don't want to be sold on unless they have more money, big house or are farmers.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
... Can I interest you in a male model (!) ... er ... version to keep her happy?.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No thank you, had enough trouble with the one I had until a few years ago. Indeed, since his demise, MIL has been much improved. Almost a Renaissance. :xThumb:

Reactions: CWH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back