• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

AUCTION One Mother in law...hardly used (1 Viewer)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
For Auction one Mother in Law...I am reluctantly saying good bye to my mother in law, sadly new puppy forces sale.

After nearly 30 years I feel perhaps someone else could benefit from her wisdom and wise words. I have throughly enjoyed being her daughter in law but despite endless years of training I am not sure I am measuring up.

She is a lovely woman with a real vintage feel, she is very nimble on her feet for 89 1/2 as demonstrated by her ability to side step our new puppy and assorted debris left on the floor. She has adapted to walking on a "hard floor" when used to carpets, thus proving her flexibility.

She eats extremely well, new owners must be willing to provide regular cups of tea, coffee, and three meals a day. You must also have real shortbread biscuits. Be aware that too much alcohol can have unwanted effects best not mentioned.

Her unique selling point is her ability to teach knitting..in just one week of staying with us, despite it being Christmas, a rather busy time of the year and having a new puppy she has persistently taken the time to get me knitting, no mean feat as I have 2 left thumbs. I am now half way through a beautiful teal stripped tea cosy. I am looking forward to buying a tea pot to fit it.

She is mentally sharpe as a tac, physically capable of anything and comes with a witty sense of humour. She is also very good at scrabble and rummikub.

In short you will not be disappointed and a better example of Mother in Law would be hard to find.

Good luck with the auction, this Mother in Law currently resides in Bournemouth but would be prepared to relocate for the right new owner.

No silly offers only genuine bids accepted. Mother in Law must be collected within 24 hours of auction end.

Thank you for looking.

image.jpeg

EDIT..BE AWARE PUPPY AND MAGAZINE ARE NOT INCLUDED.

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Do you have a buy it now price? Relocation costs would not be necessary!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Haha I take it said MIL doesn't read funster threads!!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Can I say £1 as I have a mil who used to be a fantastic knitter but has forgotten and has forgotten she didn't like her DIL!!
So that would mean you would have two m-i-l's. #greedy

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Questions to seller please (from a genuine time-waster):
1] Is she good at washing up?
2] If you put her in another room, will she stay there?
3] Is the puppy included, and if so, can they be separated?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I'll just bid for the puppy as I can buy my woo lie hat/ tea cozy !!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Can I come and kick her tyres legs? Probably won't bid anyway as she looks too comfy to move.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Wot no reserve ???!!! Clifton's MIL is 90 next month - he's thinking of trading her in for a younger model....... Do you have a returns policy.......

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Can I enquire about running and maintenance costs?

I only ask because some of That Ilk (and I've been a member for some time now) only run on top quality products, and tend to suffer greatly from eg pinking and back-firing (esp the latter) when next generation in-laws try to palm us off with poor quality substitutes.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Questions to seller please (from a genuine time-waster):
1] Is she good at washing up?
2] If you put her in another room, will she stay there?
3] Is the puppy included, and if so, can they be separated?

1) haven't seen any evidence of that in the last week but I believe so

2) Yes along has she has recently been fed watered and let out.

3) sorry the puppy is definitely NOT included in this sale.

Thank you for your interest.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll gladly bid but I would insist that the dog comes too and that you take my MIL in PX.

If interested please give me 72 hrs notice as I would need to contact the undertakers to initiate and exhumation. Though after 21 years she might fall apart on me, something she used to do well while she was breathing.

I would also require you to never ever breath a word of this to Jackie!............ Deal?

Reactions: DLT
OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Wot no reserve ???!!! Clifton's MIL is 90 next month - he's thinking of trading her in for a younger model....... Do you have a returns policy.......

Reserve is same as the buy it now price....99p.

This is a very reluctant sale :whistle:

She won't be 90 til next August so fits Clifftons younger model criteria..marginally. Sorry we have a strict no returns policy.

Postage and packaging is extra too.

Good luck with your bid.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Can I enquire about running and maintenance costs?

I only ask because some of That Ilk (and I've been a member for some time now) only run on top quality products, and tend to suffer greatly from eg pinking and back-firing (esp the latter) when next generation in-laws try to palm us off with poor quality substitutes.

She's very cheap to run, just eats porridge at home, but is partial to a good fish and chip supper.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Interested in bidding but I have found examples of this age of model tend to leak, are all the seals intact? I also enjoy modding, what upgrades have been fitted and were they done by a professional body shop or by a mate who lives around the corner?

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Mmmmmn, we have noticed a slight release of air from her nether regions when walking up stairs or bending. So bottom seal may need changing.

She is in original condition with no modifications, own hips, knees and shoulders.

Thank you for your interest, we look forward to receiving your bid.

Maximum bid so far is @Anthea M £1.00

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Ahh thanks for being honest but I think I will pass as the bottom seal is the messiest to replace and is usually in an inaccessible/awkward area to gain access to. The cost of the relevant amount of alcohol required to gain access would be in my opinion quite cost prohibitive on such a late model year, sorry. Good luck with the auction.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Still greedy.
I'm not sure Mrs mouse senior would want to relocate to Sheffield. #Bournemouthisfullofolderpeople.
#GodsWaitingRoom=Bournemouth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back