• Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
After a very relaxing couple of days at Parc Verger doing not very much at all

image.jpeg

we moved on yesterday to La Suze sur Sarthe and a lovely little aire by the River Sarthe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It seems a nice little town but as it's France in August half of it is closed! We had a good walk around, a couple of drinks and some food and are moving on again today on our way North.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
On again today just up the road to Honfleur just because we like it here.

The aire is nearly as busy as I've seen it, the small bit at the front where we managed to squeeze in is full and in the big area there's a third row well underway.

We had the usual wander round and just for the hell of it went to probably our favourite restaurant in France (so far) for dinner. I'll post some pictures in the morning.

We're staying here tomorrow as well so the dogs can go and see their mate the vet.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
On again today and the traditional last night stop in Gravelines. We have the tunnel in the morning.

We're on one of the new grass spaces at Gravelines and I feel the need to point out that the spacing is nothing like the 6m that is apparently essential :whistle::whistle:

I needed to point that out because a lot of people won't come here now leaving more room for me (y):D

We're off for a walk and a beer now just to make sure the town is how we left it last time.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
And that's it. :( We're home.

Got to the tunnel nice and early and whizzed through Pet Passport, checked in and it offered us 8.20 instead of our booked 9.50 so we didn't need to wait at all at the terminal, it was straight onto the train. There was a bit of added security but nothing to cause problems. The only delay was through UK border control as they only had 2 lanes open out of 8 which I thought was quite amusing given all the fun about the French doing the same thing in Dover the other week.

Once we got out the other end we were home in about 2 and a half hours from leaving the train which is a big record for us. It's usually been nearer 3 hours. Where's all the traffic gone in the UK?

Just to finish the trip off nicely we thought we'd have a cup of tea before unloading the van only to find the kettle has mysteriously died whilst we've been away. :rolleyes::mad:

Never mind. We're only home for a week then off to Beautiful Days next weekend :D

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Glad to hear your tunnel trip was uneventful.

The nice security lady from the Douane decided she wanted to come inside the van to swab her explosive detection device about and generally have a poke around. That's never happened to us before.

She got halfway through the door, saw the dogs and rapidly got out again which was quite amusing :LOL:

Other than that it was the same as usual. Hardly anyone about and it gave us a train 90 minutes earlier than we booked.

We always try and get there and through pet passport by about 7.30 when we're coming back because it's almost always quiet then.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
The nice security lady from the Douane decided she wanted to come inside the van to swab her explosive detection device about and generally have a poke around. That's never happened to us before.

She got halfway through the door, saw the dogs and rapidly got out again which was quite amusing :LOL:

Other than that it was the same as usual. Hardly anyone about and it gave us a train 90 minutes earlier than we booked.

We always try and get there and through pet passport by about 7.30 when we're coming back because it's almost always quiet then.
One customs bloke wanted to check inside our MH once so I told him he had to take his shoes off

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
One customs bloke wanted to check inside our MH once so I told him he had to take his shoes off
A few years ago we had three together come in and said quite openly they just wanted a nose round.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Only been checked once in 2009 on Dover side on the way out to France ! checked garage loo and wardrobe and had a mirror on a stick for underneath told us the exhaust was I intact! Phew! :LOL:
Never been checked again even this year with all the so called extra security!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Only been checked once in 2009 on Dover side checked garage loo and wardrobe and had a mirror on a stick for underneath told us the exhaust was I intacked! Phew! :LOL:
Never been checked again even this year with all the so called extra security!:rolleyes:

She didn't check in the bathroom or the garage or anywhere where someone or something illegal would have been hidden.

She just wiped the explosive machine a bit and opened two high level lockers, one full of crockery and the other one where we keep the kettle and coffee maker.

Probably just being nosey. I could have had a regiment of calvary and all their horses in the van and she wouldn't have found them.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
They seemed to stop young men with long hair when we were queuing ! And one lad was having a right b------ing from his girlfriend as they searched his car!!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They seemed to stop young men with long hair when we were queuing ! And one lad was having a right b------ing from his girlfriend as they searched his car!!

They stopped a Polish coach just before we went through this morning. Everyone off, all the luggage off :LOL:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
At the ferry port I think all the coach passengers had to get off then through customs individually has that changed as we used to stay on the coach and passports handed in?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have been meaning to contribute to this thread but my wifi has been crap at the villa with intermittent 3G/4G. Can't post a lot because I am pecking away on my phone because Isabel forgot to pack my iPad ...

We have a lovely villa but Lake Garda is rammed full of people so I wouldn't come back in July or August.

We had a 3 hour delay on the way down at Mont Blanc which was interesting because Isabel forgot to fill up the car with fuel before we got there so we were praying that we wouldn't run out.

Having a good time though with great food and mainly lovely people. Found a great little bar in my village .

Home on Sunday ( God willing).

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have been meaning to contribute to this thread but my wifi has been crap at the villa with intermittent 3G/4G. Can't post a lot because I am pecking away on my phone because Isabel forgot to pack my iPad ...

We have a lovely villa but Lake Garda is rammed full of people so I wouldn't come back in July or August.

We had a 3 hour delay on the way down at Mont Blanc which was interesting because Isabel forgot to fill up the car with fuel before we got there so we were praying that we wouldn't run out.

Having a good time though with great food and mainly lovely people. Found a great little bar in my village .

Poor Isabel, her memory must be going give her my best wishes. I hope you all continue to have wonderful time.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Is that your new name Isabel ?!;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back