One Man and His Campervan-book (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Today I was in the discount book store The Works and saw copies of the Campervan Cookbook on sale for £4.99

https://www.theworks.co.uk/search.as...+book&x=8&y=10

Hi bigfoot,
I don't know about you but I'm getting really bored with the amount of 'cookery' books and even tv programmes on cookery now, don't get me wrong I enjoy cooking and love barbequing, I love eating the results even more, but.......the industry that has grown from Delia and probably Fanny Craddock before her is mind boggling!!:RollEyes:

burstner530

Free Member
Mar 27, 2011
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Newbie here,
I have this book (present from sister) and it seems to be as much about a road trip than actual cookery book, enough to 'whet the palette' anyway :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
It doesn,nt matter what type of cookery book it is, you just adapt, eggs and bacon anyone:roflmto:

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Hi bigfoot,
I don't know about you but I'm getting really bored with the amount of 'cookery' books and even tv programmes on cookery now, don't get me wrong I enjoy cooking and love barbequing, I love eating the results even more, but.......the industry that has grown from Delia and probably Fanny Craddock before her is mind boggling!!:RollEyes:

Its not just a cookbook more a lifestyle guide. I am a bit of a saddo,I collect cookery books but not generally the celeb ones. I usually seek out a book from the places I have visited. I have Egyptian,Indian,Nepalese and Mongolian to name a few.
As for bacon and eggs thats an impression some people get of campsite cooking. I took my 20 year old nephew in our motorhome when we were in Germany and he used to ring his dad each night because he had expected beans bacon etc. Instead he had steak,strir fry and barbequed lamb.
The challenge for me is to eat as well as any hotel or restaurant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back