LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Dave did an excellent job of fitting our Transit-based m/h with 'crowd control' (sic ::bigsmile:) a while back. I love it and mentally thank him each trip for such a useful accessory.

There is one niggling problem, however. The operating stalk sits in such a position that the end is hidden away behind the steering wheel. By and large this is not a problem but on the odd occasion I find that I am unable to be sure whether it is switched on or off (the other settings are not really a problem - just is it switched on or not?)

My first idea for a solution was to get a stick-on mirror so I could see the reflection of the stalk, however there just isn't anywhere I can mount it which will allow me to see it.

Now, my current thinking is this:

There are several switch blanks on the dash. If Ford make an LED housed in a moulding to fit these, could it be possible to run the cables from it to somewhere on the unit that will illuminate the LED when switched on?

I'd like this arrangement as it would not look too amateur a job, but is it feasible or is there a better suggestion.

Wyn

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
This fitting seems to be standard on most vehicles,everyone I've bought van or car,since 2008 has it fitted as well as radio controls on the wheel.
Indicator lights are in the instrument binnacle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
This fitting seems to be standard on most vehicles,everyone I've bought van or car,since 2008 has it fitted as well as radio controls on the wheel.
Indicator lights are in the instrument binnacle.

Are you referring to an original Ford cruise control? Mine is a 2006 which did not have cc until Dave's retro fit. What I want to establish is can I take a feed from the unit to an LED on the dash?

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!

Are you referring to an original Ford cruise control? Mine is a 2006 which did not have cc until Dave's retro fit. What I want to establish is can I take a feed from the unit to an LED on the dash?

Wyn

I am going back to 2008 for vans and 1990 for cars.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back