One essential item (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I bought a box of Happy bowl liners but left them a t home last time I went away. They are now in the MH so I will see if they're an improvement over the usual bog paper cross. They're quite expensive for what they are though.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
So many things that we carry are essential in so many ways, for me, it's the Dolce Gusto coffee pod machine and the TomTom sat nav. For the wife, it is the Dolce Gusto coffee pod machine and the iPod, for my daughter it is the iPod and a gigantic fluffy dog!

So that's 2 votes for the Dolce Gusto, and the iPod! Which one wins? :D

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Raskelf mattress topper and a Remoska the only 2 must have items. Good nights kip and great food mmmm heaven.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
I bought a box of Happy bowl liners but left them a t home last time I went away. They are now in the MH so I will see if they're an improvement over the usual bog paper cross. They're quite expensive for what they are though.
yes they are expensive ...but i only need them for him. i leave only the sweet smell of roses!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
couldnt agree more

You can get some acceptable instants. But most are gash! Top of that list is the basic Nescafé with the red lid that every place seems to have. My last job involved traveling to a wide variety of businesses, if they bothered offering a brew it was always that red capped evil poison!

Reactions: Sue
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
brilliant suggestions ... like the marigold idea as definately not looking forward to emptying the toilet ?
(but am i right in thinking this is something only a man can do....?)
I wish! In 10 years of caravanning I was the only one who ever emptied the toilet and now we have a MoHo I can't see it changing! Though with the caravan we only ever peed in ours...going off grid with the Mono may change that so my new essential item will be @mousey's happy bowl liners!

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
I don't function properly without a decent cup of coffee in a morning so I bouht a nespresso machine for ours with all my favourite coffee pods
see you are from leyland ...im originally from wigan but was dragged over to the otherside (yorkshire) by my hubby , who , like most yorkshire folk, thinks this is 'gods own country'

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Most of my essentials have already been mentioned by the look of it.

However, I've found having a digital multimeter onboard is often quite handy, for keeping tabs on the electrics.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
see you are from leyland ...im originally from wigan but was dragged over to the otherside (yorkshire) by my hubby , who , like most yorkshire folk, thinks this is 'gods own country'
Hi Sue,

Yorkshire is lovely, we were at a site near Holmfirth last October for our first trip in our RV.

Loren

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Hi Sue,

Yorkshire is lovely, we were at a site near Holmfirth last October for our first trip in our RV.

Loren
there is a very pretty site just half a mile from us, by a wood and a stream...just off hudersfield road...about 1 and 1/2 miles from holmfirth ....is that the one you stayed at?

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi sue,

Yes I think it was called holmfirth valley. It was lovely, just a bit tight for our RV on the driveway but really nice people that run it and great location.

Loren
there is a very pretty site just half a mile from us, by a wood and a stream...just off hudersfield road...about 1 and 1/2 miles from holmfirth ....is that the one you stayed at?

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Jan would say the coffee machine is essential and I think my choice is a Kindle.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Hi sue,

Are you going to the Chester rally at Easter? If so it would be good to meet up and have a drink or two together?

Loren
Hi Loren. We pick the motorhome up the week after easter..first stop is a manoeuvring course , then kit it out at home, and then to Bassenthwaite. We do hope to get to some of the rallies and would love to have gone to Chester. Are you going to any others,? it really would be good to open the champagne and celebrate our new...(well, second hand) purchase with you

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Loren, should we be messaging rather than
Hi Loren. We pick the motorhome up the week after easter..first stop is a manoeuvring course , then kit it out at home, and then to Bassenthwaite. We do hope to get to some of the rallies and would love to have gone to Chester. Are you going to any others,? it really would be good to open the champagne and celebrate our new...(well, second hand) purchase with you

Loren, should we be messaging , rather than using the forum if we chat? are there rules about this?

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Power is essential..so the best way to ensure a good supply? gas, electric, solar,
leisure battery? what do you Experts think?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
That's Holme Valley Camping site I think - have visited twice and am running a small rally for WildAx owners there in a couple of weeks. It's a very nice friendly site with good facilities...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back