Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
First; do some 'armchair' motorhoming and make a checklist. A small spiral notebook out of the £ shop is ideal. I've upgraded my list to a 'flip' style laminated sheet type that I can poke in my pocket.

Have a list for the exterior of the vehicle which includes checking that fanlights are closed, aerials are down, the step is up, tyres ok etc.
Then have another page or two for the interior. Matches (or gas wand) keys, extra loo paper, towels, any medication, hooks and universal sink plug (for when there's none in the shower block!). All switches (like the fridge and 'master' to correct positions)
Finally, include in your lists, clothing to suit all occasions (I used to always forget things like sunglasses and belts).

Oh and don't forget the checklist! (n)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Toilet chemicals, marigolds, hand wipes etc
Grey water hose
Some way of cleaning all of the windscreen (long-handled wotsit, step/stool etc)
Hi-viz stuff so that "just-in-case" never happens

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Having had to travel a lot for work in the past the only things that are essential are passport and some form of cash. Everything else can be bought.

I take it that an empty (usable) credit card comes within your definition of cash?

I always say passport and credit card... the rest is ditto as above
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I take it that an empty (usable) credit card comes within your definition of cash

I always say passport and credit card... the rest is ditto as above
:)

Yep, credit card is a form of exchange for goods. Maybe I should have said money instead of cash. Anyway the credit card was a company card charge card. :)

Business travel is fine as long as you see more than the inside of airports, cars and factories - which I rarely did.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Yep, credit card is a form of exchange for goods. Maybe I should have said money instead of cash. Anyway the credit card was a company card charge card. :)

Business travel is fine as long as you see more than the inside of airports, cars and factories - which I rarely did.

ditto again ...Did it for nearly 20yrs... although offices as opposed to factories.. . But have had some interesting meets... At the bottom of an open cast mine.. tops of scaffolds on historic buildings and even waste disposal tips ( actually on the tip!)... but like you say... business travel is mostly sh*te... in reality :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Business travel is fine as long as you see more than the inside of airports, cars and factories
Did it for nearly 20yrs... although offices as opposed to factories... business travel is mostly sh*te
Business travel is OK if you're going from Cornwall - transport's so dire you can't get there early enough on the same day so tend to go early the previous day, have a nice sight-seeing (shopping) afternoon/ evening, stay in a hotel, maybe another evening on the town... But the best was when I was booked to work on the Isles of Scilly on Monday & Friday - they paid my accommodation for the whole week! (self-employed so no problem)

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
brilliant suggestions ... like the marigold idea as definately not looking forward to emptying the toilet ?
(but am i right in thinking this is something only a man can do....?)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The list or notebook is my favourite. Another is a label stuck to the dash board with your height written in large letters. That way you don't panic as you approach a bridge.
Remember whatever you forget (and you will) they're usually still making them so you can buy another one.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
The list or notebook is my favourite. Another is a label stuck to the dash board with your height written in large letters. That way you don't panic as you approach a bridge.
Remember whatever you forget (and you will) they're usually still making them so you can buy another one.
but do you still duck when you come to a bridge?

Deleted User
brilliant suggestions ... like the marigold idea as definately not looking forward to emptying the toilet ?
(but am i right in thinking this is something only a man can do....?)
I would agree, Nige does ours :D

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Yes we duck when approaching a bridge - and we're two women so emptying the loo is down to one of us. Actually it's not unpleasant at all.

Reactions: Sue
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Tyre repair kit even if you have a spare. Get somewhere safe ASAP to change

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Bikes - since we gave up caravanning and bought the MH we're fitter because we use our bikes when we're parked up for more than a couple of days.

celcat

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Britstops book, my camera, his guitar and decent coffee.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
made a list from all the suggestions......and ordered the happy bowl liners .....look like they may make the job less smelly!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
made a list from all the suggestions......and ordered the happy bowl liners .....look like they may make the job less smelly!

They won't make your jobbies less smelly but it stops them being smeared all around the bowl:rofl:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Just curious @Mousy... tell me to mind my own if you like... do you use HB liners at home? ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back