Once again we are promist the earth and we get nothing (1 Viewer)

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
This is typical of politicions, they stand up and tell up of what they are going to do! and what happens, NOTHING.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16085823

Are we ever going to hold these people to account?

Doug...

No one ever gets sacked...............we are spending way over budget on the olympics........£20m increase for the opening ceremony.approved this week.
And its never going to be as impressive as the chinese .

No one is ever accused of getting their numbers wrong !

What a waste of time and money....
... My opening ceremony just get 150 mobile fish and chip vans to do a couple of circuits with their jingles going.........then get frying and give everyone there cod chips and mushy peas in newspaper....then get on with the running....job done!

Britain at it best...........

barry

these plonkers have no idea !!!!

barry

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
A la Fred Tupper and the famous Wilson?::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Overseas Aid

Today, we spend £8.1 billion on overseas aid which will increase to £11.4 billion in 2014 — a 34 per cent rise, despite spending cuts elsewhere.

Plough the money back into the UK, put people back into meaningful employment..

We need to build and improve our Road network, Rail network, Broadband, Social Housing, Schools, etc..

why are we sending aid to the third world when our own world needs so much .. :Angry:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
The reality here is that those setting the plan in motion didnt understand the complexities of delivering it on the ground

To do this kind of deployment requires a lot of legal wrangles with owners of this that and the other, roads need digging, private land needs crossing, existing infrastructure needs to be shared (i.e. BT ducts and poles) - but all of these costs and in general account for significant proportions of the costs

The cost benefit side also causes issues...laying a fiber in the ground is damned expensive, and if that fibre will only support a few hundred peoples broadband at £10 a month the initial investment will never pay for its self or would be circa 50+ years...which is why private firms back out and there would be public outcry if the public purse would be used in this manner...again.

Exploitation of wirelss spectrum is one of the keys to all this in my book. There are technologies that have been around for quite some time which would give a 10M+ over basic GPRS mobile services, over 3g or even 4g it would be significantly more - but it was bought and buried by one of the 'big' players. Given that the world is becoming more and more 'connected' through wireless then id have thought this would have been a big starter for 10...but it has the same issues as the fixed infrastructure...lots of legal issues with land rights for the towers and spectrum sales and all that Jazz.

Or re-nationalise the infrastructure that certain companies are wanting to charge too much for which effectively makes it non financially sound for any competitors....

Or use satellite broadband...get enough users on it and it will bring the price right down...well in theory anyway...doubt any business that has a strangle hold on a particular sector would reduce their price for the good of the people...as at the end of the day the people are the share holders and demand their pennies worth from their direct investment or the pensions, savings etc companies investments that they benefit from.

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
The reality here is that those setting the plan in motion didnt understand the complexities of delivering it on the ground

To do this kind of deployment requires a lot of legal wrangles with owners of this that and the other, roads need digging, private land needs crossing, existing infrastructure needs to be shared (i.e. BT ducts and poles) - but all of these costs and in general account for significant proportions of the costs

The cost benefit side also causes issues...laying a fiber in the ground is damned expensive, and if that fibre will only support a few hundred peoples broadband at £10 a month the initial investment will never pay for its self or would be circa 50+ years...which is why private firms back out and there would be public outcry if the public purse would be used in this manner...again.

Exploitation of wirelss spectrum is one of the keys to all this in my book. There are technologies that have been around for quite some time which would give a 10M+ over basic GPRS mobile services, over 3g or even 4g it would be significantly more - but it was bought and buried by one of the 'big' players. Given that the world is becoming more and more 'connected' through wireless then id have thought this would have been a big starter for 10...but it has the same issues as the fixed infrastructure...lots of legal issues with land rights for the towers and spectrum sales and all that Jazz.

Or re-nationalise the infrastructure that certain companies are wanting to charge too much for which effectively makes it non financially sound for any competitors....

Or use satellite broadband...get enough users on it and it will bring the price right down...well in theory anyway...doubt any business that has a strangle hold on a particular sector would reduce their price for the good of the people...as at the end of the day the people are the share holders and demand their pennies worth from their direct investment or the pensions, savings etc companies investments that they benefit from.

A bit flippent I know, but why not take the telephone system back into public ownership.

Sorry, but I missed your comments on the same line.

Doug...

S

stagman

Deleted User
A bit flippent I know, but why not take the telephone system back into public ownership.

Sorry, but I missed your comments on the same line.

Doug...

Thatcher made an absolute fortune selling of Public owned companies to private owners , and she then blew the lot . There is no way this lot is going to start buying back companies unless there is a way their cronies will make another forune on our backs .

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Thatcher made an absolute fortune selling of Public owned companies to private owners , and she then blew the lot . There is no way this lot is going to start buying back companies unless there is a way their cronies will make another forune on our backs .

I have to agree and add, nothing will change unless the population change it.

Doug...

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Today, we spend £8.1 billion on overseas aid which will increase to £11.4 billion in 2014 — a 34 per cent rise, despite spending cuts elsewhere.

Plough the money back into the UK, put people back into meaningful employment..

We need to build and improve our Road network, Rail network, Broadband, Social Housing, Schools, etc..

why are we sending aid to the third world when our own world needs so much .. :Angry:

I would not mind us sending money we actually had:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back