Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you need some dedication

Owning an RV or a motorhome needs a certain amount of dedication or the love of pain.

But it is a job to keep them on the road in tip top condition. This tale is not uncommon, people full in love with the idea of an American RV and then buy one and find it is a bit of a handful to keep them in good working order. Which is a shame.

RV's are a different breed of beast to the motorhome.. the only real thing they have in common is they have wheels on each corner. The generator is not normally an issue if you look after it.. most common problems have been covered about batteries and earth and power straps. The fact a lot of people do not understand the fuel feed if petrol comes from the main tank and you have to have petrol to a good level to allow the feed to the generator. Servicing them on a regular basis as per the hand book costs money and some time but if I can do it in a wheelchair, then I am sure others can as well.

It is a mind set thing.. plus a lot more things that can and often do go wrong in n RV .. but the RVOC iste of the MHF ..which I know this member belongs to would be mor than willing to talk him through the issues that pop up on an RV.

But if you are not really inclind to an RV and we have seen a few fall by the way at the early stages due to various issues.. some are to be frank a little silly.. but RV's as are motorhomes a wonderful freedom and need to be loved and used ..

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back