LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
hi all on a good site at the moment in orcet just passed clermont ferrand got it from the acsi
well worth the price i paid to join stayed the night before last Hortus le Jardin de Sully basic camp but ok for a overnight what a beautiful place the town is there is also a aire right next to the castle overlooking the loire off south again soon maybe will go straight to spain or stay around Montpelier just 1 problem so far storm broke at sully and forgot to take the awning in or tie down proper so managed to break 1 of the extending arms on my awning but np got it back in and will sort down in spain (good job i brought tools with me) btw weather is good

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Shame about the awning but have a great time:thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thx treacle the awning aint a problem a couple bits of wood and my boy scout skills and it wont ever work again lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Those French storms are something else aren't they?

A few years back we stopped at a site near Le Mans. We were woken at about 3.30 am by the mother of all storms with lightening and thunder shaking the van.

Being an idiot I had parked us under a big tree. I had to get out to unhook and then move the van out into the open. Soaked:Doh:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
lol like me with the awning still i put the kettle on before i braved the storm lol

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Is this the site ? http://www.campingauvergne.co.uk/ .... Stayed here a few years ago lovely site .

Orcet is a funny little place we went out for a beer or two on the Friday night we were there and were entertained by a brass band practicing in someones attic next to the bar .

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We lost our awning in a storm at Carcassonne about a week ago. I'm afraid ours is a total write-off.
We are at Camping Aquarius at San Pere Piscatore, we will have stayed here for 10 days when we leave on Thursday, saving €42 a night on the ACSI rate. I think ACSI was about €13 this year so saved €407 on this site alone. 3 nights at Carcassone saved another €30. Otherwise we have been on Aires. We also expect to save staying at Bourg st Andeol as their ACSI cheap rate runs up to the end of the month.
Moral is don't leave home without ACSI.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
We lost our awning in a storm at Carcassonne about a week ago. I'm afraid ours is a total write-off.
We are at Camping Aquarius at San Pere Piscatore, we will have stayed here for 10 days when we leave on Thursday, saving €42 a night on the ACSI rate. I think ACSI was about €13 this year so saved €407 on this site alone. 3 nights at Carcassone saved another €30. Otherwise we have been on Aires. We also expect to save staying at Bourg st Andeol as their ACSI cheap rate runs up to the end of the month.
Moral is don't leave home without ACSI.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

i stopped at that site but they tried to charge me 35euro said they only give a 10% to acsi so i didnt bother and will report it to acsi i went to riu instead nice place for a stop over and very friendly now im in park playa de bara stayed here last year and a great site but can be expensive although the bar prices and cheap so loose on the swings and gain on the roundabout lol
what date is thursday i think thats when i leave here as well then will travel back to maybe orcet i have to see that place again will maybe travel longer so i can stay there longer going to do a night journey leave here around 6pm also want to go via Fontainebleau went there a few years back want to see it again maybe

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
saving €42 a night on the ACSI rate. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
that seems like bumping the price up just to show a discount, who would actually pay over 42€ a night for a site. sorry to hear about the awning I hope you managed to make the van watertight.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp