On the verge of getting back to motorhoming (1 Viewer)

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Haven't been on here for quite a while.

Having had a 26ft European MH with a layout we ultimately decided we didn't like (only a dinette to sit at and ladder up to bed over garage) we decided to buy an RV a 32ft Winnebago C Class

Very quickly we realised we had a made a mistake. Don't get me wrong they are lovely vehicles but probably better suited to the land of their origin. So consequently where as wherever we used to go we could take the MH out for the day with the RV we couldn't so when we went to lake garda last year we ended up hiring a car not to mention the nigh on £1000 in fuel costs :cry:and when we broke down in Switzerland on the way back the extortionate cost of parts etc. which I have no doubt would have been considerably cheaper had we had a European chassis.

So we sold the RV and that was that.

Now we are thinking of getting another smaller European MH partly as a result of chatting to our neighbours who have had the same 22ft MH for 24 years.

We realise we only need about 18 to 20ft with a decent layout something along the lines of an elddis autoquest 130 with a loungy type living area and something that we can easily take off for the day if we are staying put for a while. Nice and easy to take around yet comfortable when we are lounging. The last European one we had we would often take out for the day at weekends.

Fingers crossed we will be back to it fairly soon, I'm rather looking forward to it now that we have worked out what it is we need and indeed the fact that we used to cart around wayyyyyyy too much stuff.:Doh: so now hopefully we will more or less get it right.

Cheers
Gary

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Really glad to see you back and congratulations on the birth of your son.

I have been eagerly awaiting photos of your son, but you disappeared.

Hope all is well

Can we have some pics of baby::bigsmile:

Hope you find the perfect vehicle for you and your family soon::bigsmile:

Lesley

Having had a 26ft European MH with a layout we ultimately decided we didn't like (only a dinette to sit at and ladder up to bed over garage) we decided to buy an RV a 32ft Winnebago C Class

Very quickly we realised we had a made a mistake. Don't get me working they are lovely vehicles but probably better suited to the the land of their origin. So consequently where as wherever we used to go we could take the MH out for the day with RV we couldn't so when we wine to lake garda last year we ended up hiring a car not to mention the nigh on £1000 in fuel costs :cry:and when we broke down in Switzerland on the way backs the extortionate cost of parts etc. which I have no doubt would have been considerably cheaper had we had a European chassis.

Now we are thinking of getting another smaller European MH partly as a result of chatting to our neighbours who have had the same 22ft MH for 24 years.

We realise we only need about 18 to 20ft with a decent layout something along the lines of an elddis autoquest 130 with a loungy type living area and something that we can easily take off for the day if we are staying put for a while. Nice and easy to take around yet comfortable when we are lounging. The last European one we had we would often take out for the day at weekends.

Fingers crossed we will be back to it fairly soon, I'm rather looking forward to it now that we have worked out what it is we need and indeed the fact that we used to cart around wayyyyyyy too much stuff.:Doh: so now hopefully we will more or less get it right.

Cheers
Gary

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi

Thanks for the welcome back

I will post a pic when I get to my laptop currently on my phone

Cheers
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

Very quickly we realised we had a made a mistake. Don't get me wrong they are lovely vehicles but probably better suited to the land of their origin. So consequently where as wherever we used to go we could take the MH out for the day with the RV we couldn't so when we went to lake garda last year we ended up hiring a car not to mention the nigh on £1000 in fuel costs :cry:and when we broke down in Switzerland on the way back the extortionate cost of parts etc. which I have no doubt would have been considerably cheaper had we had a European chassis.

Cheers
Gary
looks like you fell in to the killer trap mate
got one that was far too big for your needs
my RV is only 27 foot long
none of the normal RV size issues
with all the benefits of lots of storage great to live in half bath proper bed
a small house on wheels

sorry yours did not work out for you
dont give up get the right one and your laughing

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Really glad to see you back and congratulations on the birth of your son.

I have been eagerly awaiting photos of your son, but you disappeared.

Hope all is well

Can we have some pics of baby::bigsmile:

Hope you find the perfect vehicle for you and your family soon::bigsmile:

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

as promised, this is our boy, can't believe he is 13 months already::bigsmile:

Cheers
G

Attachments

• 20130325_133000.jpg
    20130325_133000.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
He is soooooo cute::bigsmile:

Thank you

Get your new motorhome and get out there with your lovely family::bigsmile:

Thanks Lesley.

Indeed rather itching to get one now that we have decided what would be more practical for us :thumb:

Cheers
G

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi nice to see you back.

As for the elddis 130 we had one for 4 years and just changed it in Febuary, the layout was perfect for us at the time as Sophie was only 11 but now at 15 we felt or should I say she felt we needed a wee bit more space as we normally take her friend with us. If it had only been the two of us we would probably kept the 130 for another year or two, we also had a swivel seat fitted on the passenger seat and this made a big difference as it meant we could all sit with our legs up and stretched out :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi nice to see you back.

As for the elddis 130 we had one for 4 years and just changed it in Febuary, the layout was perfect for us at the time as Sophie was only 11 but now at 15 we felt or should I say she felt we needed a wee bit more space as we normally take her friend with us. If it had only been the two of us we would probably kept the 130 for another year or two, we also had a swivel seat fitted on the passenger seat and this made a big difference as it meant we could all sit with our legs up and stretched out :ROFLMAO:

Hi

Thanks!!

Thanks for the info on the 130 as junior is so young now we could probably keep it for a fair few years. we really want something with all the bits and bobs ie shower etc but that we can more or less take anywhere. Once we had the size issues with the RV we hankered for the old one back even with the layout basically because we enjoyed it so much so often.

So to have something smaller that has all the bits we need and comfy to lounge in is our aim

Cheers
G

Last edited:

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Welcome back Gary smashing little lad, sincerley hope that you get a motorhome that suits you all. Often wondered what happened to the Winnie they can be "juicy". Anyhow best of luck.

Bob

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi

Thanks!!

Thanks for the info on the 130 as junior is so young now we could probably keep it for a fair few years. we really want something with all the bits and bobs ie shower etc but that we can more or less take anywhere. Once we had the size issues with the RV we hankered for the old one back even with the layout basically because we enjoyed it so much so often.

So to have something smaller that has all the bits we need and comfy to lounge in is our aim

Cheers
G

Gary if you need any info on the 130 just ask we traded ours in to freeborn Motorhomes it was an 06 with a few extras and full service so don't know if it would be any good to you.

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Welcome back Gary smashing little lad, sincerley hope that you get a motorhome that suits you all. Often wondered what happened to the Winnie they can be "juicy". Anyhow best of luck.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Juicy - you can say that again, although we were returning about 15mpg which I understand is quite good:Eeek: it just felt as though we were forever going into fill up and it used to cost over £200 to fill it up:cry:

Cheers
G

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Gary if you need any info on the 130 just ask we traded ours in to freeborn Motorhomes it was an 06 with a few extras and full service so don't know if it would be any good to you.

Thanks Gerry will check it out

Cheers
G

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back