On The Road Again.. & Where to keep the Spare (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Looks loads better there Jim
Let us know how the MoT went, must get some US No plates for mine,Coooooool:thumb:Geo
Ps your No plates will fail,can't read em :)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Looks loads better there Jim
Let us know how the MoT went, must get some US No plates for mine,Coooooool:thumb:Geo
Ps your No plates will fail,can't read em :)

Ask Linda (she might just have some spare plates) you could have a chop up with her:winky: a couple of postal MOT for some postal plate:roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Do RV's not have a spare wheel carrier underneath like Trucks and Coach's. I always presumed the spare would be underneath, I ve spent many cold wet nights freeing of a spare on the hard shoulder.

Rich...

Some do, the spare wheel on my Damon is unde the rear on the same type of hanger as most trucks.

I would have thought it would be a simple enough job to retro fit one the chasis is certainly strong enough.

I can photo mine if anyone wants to see it in situ, plenty of seconhand lorry breakers around bet you could pick one up for a tenner. I have a contact who is a lorry breaker and will ask if anyone wants me to.

Last edited:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
My previous RV, a Georgie Boy Swinger (had to get rid of it, too many people thought we were advertising) had the spare hung under the gennie at the back.
Our Monaco doesn't and it worries me but I'm not even sure it would fit between the chassis rails! At the front I've got the gennie, then the fuel tank. A bit further back and there's a humongous LPG tank and then a bit further still and you've got the oily bits! My brother keeps a spare tyre (no wheel) on the roof of his RV but he's loads fitter (and lighter) than I am.
I may have to follow Jims example and mount it on the tow hitch.

Cheers
Doug

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Jim I see you did get a Thule bike rack. Good bit of kit, quick to get the bike on and ok at 90Mph and you can even lock the bike to it.

Out of curiosity what size tyres are you running Jim and do you know what size the rims is (7.50 x 22.5) at a guess.

Richard...

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim I see you did get a Thule bike rack. Good bit of kit, quick to get the bike on and ok at 90Mph and you can even lock the bike to it.

Out of curiosity what size tyres are you running Jim and do you know what size the rims is (7.50 x 22.5) at a guess.

Richard...

Hi Richard.. yes the Thule is a great rack, thanks for the advice

Not sure on tyre and rim width, bt too dark right now to check but it is a 22.5in rim

A spare wheel solution from the States..

tyrecarrier.jpg

tyrecarrier2.jpg

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Progress

After spending two nights at Disney Paris, we are now at Parc Verger enjoying the sun and the hospitality of Bob and Di ::bigsmile: and guess who is on site ... Garry ( Fordy ) and his family .. what a lovely surprise to finally meet up ..

Diesel now €1.25 LPG €0.80 and with an exchange rate of 1.20 it's no cheaper than the UK :Sad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
After spending two nights at Disney Paris, we are now at Parc Verger enjoying the sun and the hospitality of Bob and Di ::bigsmile: and guess who is on site ... Garry ( Fordy ) and his family .. what a lovely surprise to finally meet up ..

Diesel now €1.25 LPG €0.80 and with an exchange rate of 1.20 it's no cheaper than the UK :Sad:

Glad you got there OK and Gary is there which is a nice suprise.

What the daytime temps like at the moment?

Will you look and see what LPG prices are.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi want to borrow my glasses John?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: read Jims post again.

Olley

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi want to borrow my glasses John?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: read Jims post again.

Olley

:Doh::RollEyes::Blush:

I read that completely differently:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

I never get this exchange rate as pound is showing at 1.34 euro

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi John from my recent travels, LPG prices: France €72-€81, Spain (if you can get it:roflmto:) €56 and Portugal around €65

Olley

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I am sure everyone knows but just in case LPG stands for Liquid Petroleum Gas and as the middle letter suggests its a by product of Oil to Petroleum process and is therefore affected by the price of a barrel of oil, and those greedy bar????d's in power ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back