On our way home early again !!

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Sheddy, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

Twice this year we have had to return home early from our planned trips and it couldn't be in more different circumstances.
    In January we saddly had to abort the Morocco meet when we were on our way down in Alicante, because my father suddenly passed away.:Sad:
    Now we are on our way home because on Friday we had a phone call while near Venice from our son saying he is getting married to his long suffering partner on Friday next week :Doh: :Smile::Smile::Smile:
    So Slovenia and Croatia will have to wait for another trip.
    Tonight we are at the free aire in Thaon Les Vosges ( ATE pg 213/39 ), what a lovely place it is right on the canal near the town center which has all the shops, bars and a Lidl within easy walking distance. If you are travelling to or from the channel ports the site is about 6/7 hrs away almost entirely on toll free motorways via Luxembourg for the cheap fuel.:thumb:
    With luck we will be on the ferry tomorrow night, and home on Wednesday.
    On the up side we now will try and attend other meets before the August show at Malvern.
    See you all soon.:Smile:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I hope they haven't changed their minds by the time you get back:BigGrin:

Better to be called back for good news than bad though:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  3. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Now we are on our way home because on Friday we had a phone call while near Venice from our son saying he is getting married to his long suffering partner on Friday next week :Doh: :Smile::Smile::Smile:

I have to say it, my answer would be "save me a piece of cake"

Why the sudden rush to marry?

D.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

Also my immediate response, but one decision I had no influence over, only son :Wink:
    The rush is a visa thing, Partner is French she works for a French bank in the city and has been 'posted' to Manilla for 2 years, need to be married for visa. Son is self employed and works worldwide in the music industry where he lives is no issue.

I will never get away with bitching about sham marriages in the pub again:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: