On line quote V renewal

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by geoff1947, Apr 13, 2010.

1. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Just recd my renewal from More Than and have compared it with an on line quote with Moneysupermarket.com. More Than came top and see results below.

Renewal notice= £210:Eeek:

On line quote=£157:thumb::thumb:
    Always worth cross checking and will be on the phone once their offices open:Doh:

2. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Renewal

Are you a member of the Caravan Club? they guarentee to beat your quote by £25 I tried that last year and they did!!

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Be VERY careful with More Than!

About 2 months ago, I'm guessing this is were the problem started, I put our house insurance with More Than. Now, our main car has been with them pretty much for two years so renewal was at the time about 6 weeks off. As I finished sorting the house insurance I requested they make a note on the policy so the if needs be the wife can speak to them, you know what insurance companies/financial bods are like, and no problem. Sarah got a couple of sales bits through, I just thought cheeky beggers!
    So, car insurance renewal turned up, in Sarah's name, stupidly I thought no problem just a clerical issue, WRONG!

I phoned up to renew, gave my name and policy number to have the little woman from a far of land announce as I was not the proposer nor the insured she could not deal with me:Eeek:

Turns out the bloke from a far of land that did the house insurance had changed the account name at More Than from me to the wife, or technically I had been uninsured for approx 6 weeks. Needless to say a very heated discussion ensued and eventually all was apparently sorted, mind you I didn't drive the car until I had valid doc's in my paw, and kept my origional doc's very safe in case of a knock on the door.

OK, a little rant, but the point, be carefull, if you deviate from the script they really don't know what they are doing, so check any paperwork properly, I know what I'm like a quick scim and if it looks OK that'll do but not any more!

4. Bridgy

Bridgy Read Only Funster

The online quote? How many companies did it give you to quote?