LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
can anybody recomend tie down straps for about awing please?

also I seen to have a centre "sprung tensioned" rafter , this ( I asume ) fits into the round black plastic holder on the awning innerside, however the is no "end" for the m/h side, its just a pole end? it seems if there is a rubber/plastic end peice missing? there must be something to stop it skiding against the awning rail?

regards

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Seb
Cant help with the tentioner as I dont have one, but I bought off Omnistor a tie down strap which as a spring on one side and two big anchor pins two knock in, but dont put the strap over the top as it could rip the awning, but under and over the wind outs hope this is some help. Peter:thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The sprung rafter should have a black plastic end that fits the exact contour of the inside of the awning box. Also a rubber anti-slip stick-on pad is supplied as well.
I use two of these poles to properly tension the awning so that it is less affected by gusts of wind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
The sprung rafter should have a black plastic end that fits the exact contour of the inside of the awning box. Also a rubber anti-slip stick-on pad is supplied as well.
I use two of these poles to properly tension the awning so that it is less affected by gusts of wind.

ah I thought there must be something, I ring omnistore

thanks

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi Seb
Cant help with the tentioner as I dont have one, but I bought off Omnistor a tie down strap which as a spring on one side and two big anchor pins two knock in, but dont put the strap over the top as it could rip the awning, but under and over the wind outs hope this is some help. Peter:thumb:

got one one these from my old caravan, I thought there was a omnistore part that cliped on the end?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back