Omnistor vs Fiamma (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Evening all.

Our new van (pick up next month) has an Omnistor awning and our previous van had a Fiamma awning. Does the Fiamma tie down straps work on the Omnistor?

Thanks in advance.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Maybe .. you will soon find out..

depends on how they attach to the front rail.. If they slide onto the awning channel on the front, they should fit

I do know that Omnistor / Thule straps won't fit a Fiamma.. they attach to the top of the legs with metal clips that fit into slots on the legs.

You can see them in this pic.. (fitted to the strap above the springs) .. the ones I use..

Thule_Hold_down_side_strap.jpg

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
The front rails are different sizes. My Peggy peg system has clips that fit into the Thule and you fit collars onto the clips to fit fiamma as their rail is slightly bigger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
In my humble opinion the Omnistor awning is superior to the Fiamma(y)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Fiamma won't fit...How do I know?

Well, hadn't had the van long and we went to the Peterborough show.

Traipsing round the show, we decided that we needed some of the tie down straps, so bought some from a very nice man at the official Fiamma stand.

When we got back to the van, we found we actually had an Ominstar awning, so had to go back very embarrassed to the man to get a refund, then hunt down the Oministar stand....

Shame really as the Fiamma ones were bright yello and easily seen, whereas the Omnistar ones are stealth black and yes, I've tripped over them...

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I now always avoid anything Fiamma. Everything I've owned from them either doesn't fit or drops to pieces very quickly. They obviously mass produce for the leisure industry and have brilliant profits at our expense.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back