Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
We are thinking of getting some rain blocker sides for our new (to us) motorhome to use at weekends in the uk.....are they simple to add onto the wind out roof? anyone had any experience of them? we were thinking of combining a Jormax windbreak across the front when needed too rather than a safari room as cheaper....thoughts?
Thanks.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
A safari room is heavy and unwieldy,not the thing to do regularly,ok if you have alternative transport. There are many appearing in the small ads of many magazines for this very reason,have you considered Windblockers from Lilypad Leisure?

OP
OP
Goldilocks40

Goldilocks40

Free Member
Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I did wonder, the safari rooms look heavy. Have had a look at lilypad leisure ones they look good have you or anyone else had any experience of these?
thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Echo Bigfoots reply.
Try a few trips before spending hard earned money.
Have a good look at other vans on site and talk to them. Bet lots of them will have the 'bits' in the van but not in use
Paul

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we ahve tried all of the awnings in all of the shapes and sizes over the years. you need to be very clear why you want it; how long you intend staying in one place.

we have a porch awning we use in the winter months if we are intending to stay put for more than a couple of nights, it helps dry boots and coats and as importantly the Dog and his towels. :ROFLMAO:

any other time we use our Fiamma wind out with a good tie down system, do not be tempted to leave it up at anytime without some form of securing to the ground.

if we want a wind block or a block for showers then we use the lillypad voil panels, the wrap around is best as it leaves no gaps at the corners. unless its hard driving rain it keeps it mostly at bay and they dry in no time.
quick and simple to put up, my only criticism would be the quality of the side poles, not a major issue but for the price could be better.

the latest lillypad screen have a rain cover, dont know what thats like.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Have you seen mine. We designed them to be fully waterproof and easy to fit. We've used them now for four years. Have a look at my website.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Goldilocks40

Goldilocks40

Free Member
Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Porch awning etc

Thanks Phill D for all your advice porch awning sounds good as have a dog too and would be good for weekends in winter, do you use 4mm/6mm tape to attach I've been researching lol? Any advice on buying a porch awning for a motorhome am watching one on eBay!

Re locking omnistor down do you use straps that attach to top of legs just under awning?

Cheers
Dawn

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have sold our tie down kits for a few years, quite a number of funsters use them. We also do leg plates to secure the legs to the ground.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back