Omnistor/Fiamma awning advice please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GJH, Jul 3, 2012.

1. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Our van already had an Omnistor 5002 awning fitted when we bought it. We bought some windblocker shades from Lillypad Leisure at Peterborough and they are fine apart from the fact that they don't connect to the canopy which can flap a bit when it gets breezy.

At Stratford we were impressed by the system Jaws has for his Fiamma awning using side bars which clip to the canopy. Having done some Googling I've found These, which I believe are what Jaws uses. The blurb says they can be used with the Omnistor 5002 but I wondered if Omnistor do anything similar (not been able to find anything).

Can anyone advise please?

2. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

The Omnistor residence uses clamp on ends which are really strong. Most probably overkill for sunblockers though.

3. bungy

bungy Funster

ive been hunting some out since seeing the jaws set up too

all i can find is the side clamp profiles which come as part of a safari room - but haven't found the profiles on their own...yet

found it

page 44 items 30 and 31 - £119.03 each :Eeek:
    and support poles are £110 each plus £7 for the side profile that goes on the uprights - £470

against £210 ish for the fiamma ones

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Not cheap are they :Smile: Cheapest I've found for the Fiamma ones is Here - £195 plus delivery.

5. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

awning poles

hi, you can buy the proper round awning poles which work a treat with the wind blockers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Thats what we used before Sue and your right.. They were a LOT better than the ones supplied, but no where near as good as using the sides from a safari room.. They add stiffness to the canopy and have the grooves so the nets ( suitably modified as Mo did ) just slide in the grooves

Even in really big winds our canopy only moves a little.. ( But like all awnings in high winds it is still bloody noisy !! )