Omnistor centre support rafter.. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I've just ordered a rafter from EBay too having been totally disappointed with the racer supplied with the Omnistor awning.
Would never have considered doing this without having read this post
Another little problem solved
Thanks @Charlie

The Ominstore rafter is absolute rubbish ! Sorry it just is ! The propensity to do or suffer damage is great and is why I went for the rafter from another maker. Why on earth would I/We look elsewhere if the Thule kit was decent ?

Again I repeat the poles supplied with the Lillipad wind blockers are absolute junk. I slung them in the skips as we left the show and only took them as the nice lady on the stand where we bought the kit from looked like she would be offended if I didn't take them. I did keep the bag they came in though as our new poles and the Fiamma rafter now reside in them (y)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I'm wondering if the rafter that came with my Omnistor 6200 is the same as everyone else's. I find it perfectly suitable, it does what it is supposed to do, hasn't caused me any problems or damaged anything. It also seems pretty substantial.
I find it easy to fit although I admit the spring is rather strong and if you don't hang on to it while you are fitting it, I suppose it could get away from you. Maybe I am just used to it, I don't see any reason to spend good money getting a different one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I'm wondering if the rafter that came with my Omnistor 6200 is the same as everyone else's. I find it perfectly suitable, it does what it is supposed to do, hasn't caused me any problems or damaged anything. It also seems pretty substantial.
I find it easy to fit although I admit the spring is rather strong and if you don't hang on to it while you are fitting it, I suppose it could get away from you. Maybe I am just used to it, I don't see any reason to spend good money getting a different one.

Alan.. The only Thule rafters I could find were the 3 piece steel tubular type.

Andy (Techno100) points out a different type yet not only the Thule dealers at the Malvern show told me that the 3 piece tubular was all that was available but so did Thule when I Emailed them. I had no idea quite the opposite that there was a Thule alternative other than the 3 piece tubular.

Now call me an old fashioned fool but I like a bit of quality in a product. Quality clever and nice engineering gives Charlie a little buzz. Its not always about how much something costs. If its quality I will pay well over the odds..

But the Thule 3 piece tubular is IMHO absolute junk. So for that reason alone I looked elsewhere and found a quality well engineered product but sadly it bears a different label.

For you my friend you already have a rafter. So why buy another ? No reason of course but I didn't have one so chose what IMO was the best product backed up with the valuable opinions voiced here. As it turned out those opinions were bang on ..

So thanks .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back