omnistep refuses to retract fully (1 Viewer)

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
Hi,
I have an electric omnistep 12v 550 and few weeks ago started playing up.
It always extracts ok but fails to retract fully. When it is half way in it apears that has a bit of play (feels somewhat loose on the joints).

I took it to a caravan repair shop and they told me that it is not the switch, it might be the motor or the relay. I want to fix the paly on the joints as well. Can these steps be serviced anywhere? or should I be looking for a new one, In which case I will go with the manual I think.

Kind regards

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It will probably be the step limit switch that needs cleaning/replacing look for it on the left of the step, it gets gunged up with road dirt:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi pegasus

Don't know what you have tried, but these steps are in a very dirty environment and will often lock up with grit etc. It might be worth giving a spray with WD40 or something like on the bearings, I normally spray with a silicone lubricant after every trip, or if bad weather experienced while away, and find this normally takes care of any problems.

Hope you get somewhere with your problems.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Try an air line to blow all the crap and gunge away. Mine done this a few times especially after winter. I took it apart blew it all out and bingo, job done.:thumb:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
I had a similar problem and it was the switch that was playing up under £7 from vanplus crosshands . I have also had a relay stop working I took the old one to my local motor factors and they found a replacement for £3.50

Best of luck
Rob

OP
OP
pegasus

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
Thank you all for your advice.
I have disconnected the arm from the motor and the step moves freely, but with some play on the joints. Also motor turns fully both ways without load. Is there any way to tighten the step? i.e. minimise play on joints?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back