Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just fixed Auto Retracting Step on my Autoquest. As per you knowledgeable lot - it was as said, problem with switch underneath. Lots of swamping with WD40 and now working.

One thing I have noticed is that when step retracts automatically it doesn't go as far back as when using door switch. Is there an adjustment for this - or this usual?

Rob

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We have the opposite problem to this in that the step retracts OK when the engine is switched on but when we use the manual switch it doesn't come out or go in as it should. Any advice? Or is this normal?

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
We have the opposite problem to this in that the step retracts OK when the engine is switched on but when we use the manual switch it doesn't come out or go in as it should. Any advice? Or is this normal?

I would say the extra boost the alternator is giving the battery is making your step work as it should
Is your leisure battery tired?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Just fixed Auto Retracting Step on my Autoquest. As per you knowledgeable lot - it was as said, problem with switch underneath. Lots of swamping with WD40 and now working.

One thing I have noticed is that when step retracts automatically it doesn't go as far back as when using door switch. Is there an adjustment for this - or this usual?

Rob[/Q

Like you, ours was doing the same, we asked the dealer that we bought it from and he said it was working ok. But we are convinced that it was going further back when we got it at first......:RollEyes:

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back