Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
You almost want to feel sorry for him or her....but then you think, he should not be on the road.

I agree I wonder how they got them out of the van did they cut a hole in the back of the van lol

Watched it again window in back of the van

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
GPS and foreign languages, I once got caught in Liege with my car on a raised tram track. Not knowing a word of Flemish the sign meant nothing and it was at night in poorly lit area. Trying to follow a map when all the sign were in the local language can lead to problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I've been down a few roads where they become so narrow that it looks impossible to go further, but, I had the sense to stop before I got to the really narrow bits and found an alternate route.
Follow your sat nav by all means but use a bit of common sense too.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
In Sunny Den'n that would pass as a two lane highway moi luvver and us would be doin' at least 60.....................

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It would rather have caused a tailback and have others behind nevreverse back.

Think the driver was trying to be a bit too smart here.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The idiot well and truly jammed himself in! I bet the Dutch cheer him every time he goes on a campsite ... they don't have take the p*ss out of those who do things wrong ... I've seen it myself!!!

However ... we've had some 'narrow' escapes ourselves but nothing quite that bad!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... I wonder if mirror guards would have helped ... :imoutahere:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
However ... we've had some 'narrow' escapes ourselves but nothing quite that bad!

Us too. I forgot that the rear wheel track is wider than the front. Maneuvering through the narrow lanes in Bayeux I managed to jam the rear wheel between the kerb edges - Full stop - everything on the table is now on the floor! Fortunately I could reverse out and mount the pavement .

Believe it or not this year I managed to break the high level rear side light on a wall in France. I was trying to park close to a wall where the gutter was deep and angled.
Fortunately I heard it break and nothing else touched - close call and £15 for new ones.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
GPS and foreign languages, I once got caught in Liege with my car on a raised tram track. Not knowing a word of Flemish the sign meant nothing and it was at night in poorly lit area. Trying to follow a map when all the sign were in the local language can lead to problems.

Liege is French speaking .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We were too close for comfort in Switzerland once, not the dreaded satnav but road works. No options just a big sign, go that way.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
My Sat Nav wanted to take me down a very steep narrow road at the weekend.(n) Having fallen foul of this device in the past, used the common sense rule and entered into Diversion Mode. (y) Narrow lane avoided.:) That was until we headed homeward the following day and came up the same road I wouldn't go down earlier. Just over the rise, it was as wide as a motorway.:rolleyes: Well wide enough.:ROFLMAO:

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Made more sense of the German than the nonsensical Google translation!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Made more sense of the German than the nonsensical Google translation!
For those of us who have no German it at least gave us the basics.

The two Dutchmen who were on their way to the Pension Jägerhof were freed by a local residents. He pulled the camper out of the eye with his jeep expert before the fire brigade and the police arrived. Except for a few scrapes the vehicle remained intact and could be manoeuvred out in the reverse through the Jörg-Wickram-alley, which is only accessible to residents.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
If he/she had taken it at speed it would have been fine :rofl:
Idiot!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun