Jifcom

Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hired a few, now own, so a semi-newbie :-)
Hi everyone.
My name is Jon
Well! I finally got my own Motor-home, after a few years either hiring or borrowing motor-homes, I now have a Peugeot 320 MWB Elddis Autostatus LS SE at a very good price and good condition for the year (1998)
I first got into motor-homing when we hired one to tour New Zealand for 4 weeks a few years ago, not looked back since :)
I now own one, its certainly not like hiring one, where everything is checked for you, so I'm on a steep learning curve, so no doubt I will be asking questions soon enough.
The M.H. passed its habitation check with no problem, so that's a good start. now just to tidy up a few things and repair bits that have broken or worn out, my winter project to get it ready for touring next year.
Lucky (Or unlucky! depends on how you look at it) I now have plenty of time on my hands as I have retired early on health grounds.

Anyway, first question! does anyone have a PDF file or a spare copy of the manual for the Elddis Autostatus LS SE?? Elddis don't have anything older that 2001? and cant find anything on the internet.

thanks for reading my "Blog" and hopefully chat to some of you as I ask some of the many questions that I find I need answers for.

All the best
Jon

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welcomefunster:Hello and welcome to fun, ask any questions usually someone along who can help, Enjoy your motorhome, they don't get old just mature nicely ::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Welcome to fun Jon, there are always jobs to be done on the m/h lolol

But you will have a great sense of achievement when once done .. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

We look forward to perhaps meeting you and yours at a meet isometime n the next season

John n Kath x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thearchitect

Free Member
Sep 20, 2012
North London
Funster No
MH
Getting closer.
Exp
Short stint 1972-6 none since
Welcome

By the looks of things you have lead a full life and you intend to carry on in the same vein with your winter project. It will interesting to see if you can build a turntable into your van for your vinyl collection pleasure!

All the best.

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Welcome to Fun, I note your profile shows that you worked with a F1 team in the past, fascinating stuff. Enjoy the site.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As an alternative to the Elddis manual it would be worth searching the Internet for manuals for the individual appliances. Thetford and Dometic/Electrolux, for instance, have manuals going back several years and sometimes people have loaded PDF copies themselves to web sites.

Our elder son bought a 30 year old Cavalier Coachman on a Bedford CF last year and we managed to find manuals for most things.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi and :welcome:

If yours is 'old' then ours is positively antique :roflmto:

:france:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to the Fun Jon.

As said above, 1998 = practically brand new...

You weren't by any chance with the Benetton (or whatever they are now) lot in Witney?

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
Jifcom

Jifcom

Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hired a few, now own, so a semi-newbie :-)
Thanks for welcome

Thanks for the welcome folks, I will take on board about looking for individual manuals, thanks for that.

I worked for BAR F1, BAR-Honda F1, Honda F1, and finally for Brawn F1 where I was made redundant in their winning year (only Year) was then taken over my Mercedes :-(

Reading the posts on here, Yes my motor-home does seem young :)

Jon

Last edited:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
a big hello

wellcome from froghopper. thats a new motorhome :winky: ours is a 27 year old renault traffic :winky: so sort of makes you a posh yuppy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
no honest welcome and enjoy. hope we meet up one day:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Barry & Eve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back