Midlands
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since Feb 2010
Hi all,
thought I would say hello.
I have a Renault Trafic camper van, bought off ebay last year and have just returned from the first trip of the year to Cornwall. I live in the Midlands, and that's a 500 mile round trip. Matilda was wonderful, even manage to over take a few cars! ....

Got home and found your site, so thought I would join and see what hints and tips I can pick up..... got to plan for the upgrade at the end of the year!

One quick bit of advice someone could give me though, my van has pumped tap water from an external container. Just wondering whether I should have used an anti bacterial cleaner in it after the winter? And ideas?

Any other Renault users out there? (1984 I think).

Regards
adeuk

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, enjoy your travels.:welcomefunster:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HI and welcome :thumb: bit late clean the container now :ROFLMAO:Some people put tabs in others Milton and others brewers tablets :ROFLMAO: Me a couple of caps of bleach (28p for 2 ltrs ) and through rinse - that's if I can be bothered :thumb:
terry

Squadron Leader

Free Member
Jun 3, 2011
South Northants
Funster No
MH
A Ckass
Exp
22 years
Hello and welcome to this site and your new found hobby.

Regarding your water supply, I have found that if you keep a foodgrade water container about a one gallon size with a tap on which can be bought from most camping retailers this is safe to use for your drinking water/tea/coffee cooking etc.

I tend to use my water tank or aquaroll for washing/showering only. This way I know I wont be getting any nasties in my body.

Hope this helps.

Phil

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to MotorhomeFun :Smile:

As others have said regarding the water - Milton tablets after the winter & then Flush thoroughly. We have a 10 litre container on board for tea & cooking etc, the main tank for washing & flushing the loo mostly :Smile:

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
:thumb:Hi and Welcome.
:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements