Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Used PVC choice

Having just sold our top of the range motorhome we are looking to downsize to a PVC but don't want to spend much.

We want a Merc base if possible, no more than 6 metres long with either a fixed bed or a rear lounge, good quality and winterised.

What options do we have, upto £20,000, age is no object, could be 5 years old or 15 years old(5 would be nice::bigsmile:) I emphasise the £20,000 as it can be cheaper.

Is it possible. I was thinking of a La Strada Regent Merc 2.9 13 or 14 years old but not sure if they did the fixed bed on those as they do the newer ones.

There doesn't seem to be anything around at the minute, has anybody got a suggestion or what else to look for.

Any recommendations of vans you have seen for sale lately, if you have seen anything let me know please.

Regards

Paulo.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul only ones I have seen are for dwarfs with a fixed bed across the rear - only 5 ft 8 ins wide:winky: with 20 k I would be buying a 2008 ish van and getting it converted to your own design :thumb: plenty of converter s on eBay but see quality of there conversions :thumb: no idea on price now but Kustom campers at Barnsley do nice conversions :thumb:may well be worth ringing to see rough price then you may be able to spend on a newer van :thumb: ask to speak to Gary the boss :thumb:
Terry

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Paul only ones I have seen are for dwarfs with a fixed bed across the rear - only 5 ft 8 ins wide:winky: with 20 k I would be buying a 2008 ish van and getting it converted to your own design :thumb: plenty of converter s on eBay but see quality of there conversions :thumb: no idea on price now but Kustom campers at Barnsley do nice conversions :thumb:may well be worth ringing to see rough price then you may be able to spend on a newer van :thumb: ask to speak to Gary the boss :thumb:
Terry

Many thanks Terry, will give them a ring.

Have you heard of S&L motorhomes/horseboxes of Selby, their conversions look nice online.

I,ve spoken to a couple of coverters and you are talking £15,000 plus vat and £18,750.00 plus vat which wouldn't give me much left for a vehicle.

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I think that you will have a problem with a fixed bed on the 6m long Merc. due to the internal width being less than the required 6 ft. I know that you fancy a Merc. but you would have more choice with a Peugeot/Fiat base as there are several manufacturers who have a van with one in. Rapido V52, Adria Twin ect. but I'm sure that you are aware of this already.

Mike

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Have a look at eBay Item #300978034327.

This is a friend on mine selling. It's on an iveco base and he is very meticulous with the work he carries out. He did the work on the shell then had a convertor carry out the fit.

Might not be want you want, but might give you some ideas to save cost on your own conversion.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I think that you will have a problem with a fixed bed on the 6m long Merc. due to the internal width being less than the required 6 ft. I know that you fancy a Merc. but you would have more choice with a Peugeot/Fiat base as there are several manufacturers who have a van with one in. Rapido V52, Adria Twin ect. but I'm sure that you are aware of this already.

Mike

I think/fear you are correct Mike.

Vantage did one(Cad) but now no longer do it, don't know if any were sold.

I know I would have loads of choice if I looked at the sevel range.

Paul.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have a look at eBay Item #300978034327.

This is a friend on mine selling. It's on an iveco base and he is very meticulous with the work he carries out. He did the work on the shell then had a convertor carry out the fit.

Might not be want you want, but might give you some ideas to save cost on your own conversion.

Many thanks, looks very nice although a bit too long for me.

Paul.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
you could of course buy my self build for that price every extra already fitted 50000 miles 57 plate transverse bed 180 watt soloar traction batteries underslung gas
http://building-renee2.blogspot.co.uk/

Its looks a nice MH you have there.

However its a Fiat not a merc I,m afraid, nothing wrong with Fiats, its just we don't want one.

Paul.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back