Free Member
Sep 22, 2012
gillingham, Kent
Funster No
MH
autocruise stargazer H/To
Exp
4th summer with present van, previously VW campervans
Tony Luckhurst - retired widower - Autocruise Stargazer bought three years ago - based in Kent.

Spent three weeks in summer driving to Italy and back. Don't drive down west side of Lake Guarda if you are nervous of tunnels. I am now, after being forced into a jagged tunnel wall costing £1700 of roof damage. Also, I don't think I will be driving a three ton van over the Alps through Austria again although the trip back via Grenoble was quite enjoyable.

I use mostly Aires sites on the Continent but of all the ten countries I have visited, Ireland is my favourite, although Sweden comes second, no language problems. The Irish are fairly laid back about overnight parking having parked in a pub car park and a church car park. (With permission of course!).

The only drawback is the journey from Kent to the ferry in Wales and of course the ferry cost compared to the Chunnel just down the road from my home.

Tony Luckhurst

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the tips as we are going to Italy next year (y)
Welcome to the madhouse by the way :welc:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! The lesson I've learned is "slow down". The reason for raising this was your comment about 3 weeks to Italy and back. I've done that sort of journey and enjoyed it but there is another way but it takes, I found, a deliberate effort to learn how to travel slowly and to appreciate every bend in the road and what you discover beyond it.
But welcome to the Fun!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, do join in, some good meets planned for next year. :welc:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN the best forum on the net regarding motorhoming. (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Smiley%20Hello.gif

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome! The lesson I've learned is "slow down". The reason for raising this was your comment about 3 weeks to Italy and back. I've done that sort of journey and enjoyed it but there is another way but it takes, I found, a deliberate effort to learn how to travel slowly and to appreciate every bend in the road and what you discover beyond it.
But welcome to the Fun!
we all travel at our own pace, for us 2500 in three weeks is normal others only do a quarter of that. My aim is to see as much from the cab as I can, my legs are not brillient for walking. Another post here tells of 3 days to lake Guarda so three weeks gives time for a lot of chilling out.
Welcome aboard by the way.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back