LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This bus is very unique with a great layout and sensible sized engine, would love something like it.:coolthumb:

Mind you with the perm and trousers you need fancy motorhome to stop people looking at you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This coming from someone who used to have blonde highlights and wore flowery denim clothes, wives took all the cool pictures sadly.:getmecoat:
Can be a very snappy dresser when I have to be John.Get it from my grandparents,granpa used to wear a bowtie and even wore plus fours.Granma was never without a foxfur stole.I always remember her having those stoles,and she always smelt of mothballs and pepermints,bless her.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So now we come to no7,and one of the two that I still have.Some of you will know "The old girl"as I have done a few shows with it.This ones a Tiffin Allegro 32ft imported new into the UK in 1989,so has no 110volt and no converter.All electrical appliances are UK standard 240 volt.Its built on the John Deare chassis with the legendary Cummins 5.9 turbo diesel.When I bought it I got an old friend who was made redundant from ERF trucks to uprate the turbo and pump as I needed the extra power to tow my boat which weighs 2.6 tons.The old girl produces 250BHP and still returns 16MPG on bio.Have traveled extensively with the Tiffin and the layout is as near perfect for my needs as have seen.Its quite rare as its a basement model,so you have the through lockers and all tanks are enclosed and heated,making it perfect for all year round use.The body is an all aluminium construction which gives it a fantastic payload.Have thought about selling it a few times but have managed to fight off the temptation up till now.Am off for a few days in Dublin tomorrow,so will update on return.

Attachments

• S6000231.jpg
    S6000231.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 29
  • S6000253.jpg
    S6000253.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 29
  • S6000254.jpg
    S6000254.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 28
  • S6000255.jpg
    S6000255.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have tried to add camper no8,but for some reason it keeps coming up"upload failed" Does this mean I have used up all my space,or is it something to do with the new server.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So finally we come to camper no8,I still own this one and have become very fond of it.
Its a VW LT28 6 cylinder non turbo diesel built in 1990 by a Dutch boatbuilder.He built it as a one off and used it to travel to the South of France every year on there annual vacation.On there return it was put into a barn at the side of his house and that's where it stayed until the next year.I bought it from a dealer friend in Holland and drove it back to the UK last summer.I have fitted an extra solar panel and 2 golf cart batteries as there is no mains electric on board.There's a big LPG tank fitted and a shower that you could swing 2 cats around in,loads of storage as it was built as a 2 berth with U shaped rear lounge.I have also fitted an extra fuel tank to give a range of 850 miles.There's also a German inline fuel heater allowing the use of filtered cooking oil.I originally bought it to sell on but like most things I spend to much money on them and then have to keep them:Doh:.I hope some of you have enjoyed this post and hoped that there would have been a few other old photos,or am I the only collector of the ancient motorhome.:Blush:

Attachments

• VW camper and Llangollen 003.jpg
    VW camper and Llangollen 003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 25
  • VW camper and Llangollen 004 - Copy.jpg
    VW camper and Llangollen 004 - Copy.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 24
  • VW camper and Llangollen 005 - Copy.jpg
    VW camper and Llangollen 005 - Copy.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 30
  • VW camper and Llangollen 007 - Copy.jpg
    VW camper and Llangollen 007 - Copy.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 23
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the photos...none from me I'm afraid.

I especially like the LT28...with so many new coachbuilds having bulges and curves, something as "minimalist" in style (hmm...that sounds a bit "arty") as that brings a smile to my face. It looks in great condition too. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks for the interest Neil,it is in exceptional condition considering its now over 20 years old.Both inside and out.
All cupboard doors and drawers open and close as they did when it was new and the Paloma water heater produces more hot water than you need to shower,unlike the ones that heat up a tank first.The only downside I have found with this camper is th small fridge,so have to carry 12volt coolbox for RRs beer.:RollEyes:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well if these photos show one thing it is you aint been motorhoming since 2000 like in your description Dave, unless of course you've aged quickly, looks more like 20 years at least........

you certainly are well travelled and then theres the lorry trips.........

I love looking at old pictures especially the way we used to look and dress.

Still love the trousers Dave and the perm:winky:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well if these photos show one thing it is you aint been motorhoming since 2000 like in your description Dave, unless of course you've aged quickly, looks more like 20 years at least........

you certainly are well travelled and then theres the lorry trips.........

I love looking at old pictures especially the way we used to look and dress.

Still love the trousers Dave and the perm:winky:
Good point John, have had motorhomes and campers of one description or another since 1975,but didn't take it up seriously till I retired in 2000.
That's why I put "since 11-5-2000" on my description.
I only considered myself a novice part time motorhomer prior to 2000.
Having said that am still learning so am by no means professional yet.:ROFLMAO:
Having said that I do consider myself a professional red wine and cheese taster.:Blush::Blush::Blush:

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
The best toad I ever had Mo,perfect for blasting up those Spanish mountain roads on a hot day.
MGB running gear,rebuilt engine with new twin SUs,fast road cam,overdrive box,frighteningly quick.Hairy was an understatment.Should never have sold it.
Ahh happy days eh.

I'm not surprised you regret selling it It looks great fun to drive:thumb:

Do you know where it is now?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A guy from out in Frodsham or somewhere out in the sticks bought it,but have no idea if he still has it.I had it on evilbay for about a week and he saw it,came to view it and crossed my greasy palm with silver as they say and drove off into the sunset,never to be seen again.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back