Okay Left Hooker - How do you cope (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I use my oven in the Wagon lots and lots. The Hymer only has two rings. So I have know that for ME a oven is great to have... but I also know you can do lots of meals without one.

I also know that you can live without the internet, clean under pants, Carte Noire coffee, Double Whoppers, live footy, toast and marmalade and roast lamb but I enjoy life more with these things than without them... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have an Oven :thumb: would not be without one. ::bigsmile: But we also have a slow cooker that you do on the gas then put in it, the beauty of it is :winky: you do it on the gas and put it back in the cupboard while travelling and its cooked when you get there. http://www.cookequip.co.uk/shop-dream-pot.html Could not do without that. :ROFLMAO: And if you remember all fuss about Jane wanting a Remoska at Lincoln Show. :Smile: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/remoska well she loves it, and it will be great in Spain over winter if electric is included, she loves it so much we now have TWO. :Doh: Would not be without one of them.:winky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Just noticed this John: MH Model: FFB Tabbert 580 Classic Is that Dave's Snowbirds latest edition.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Big shallow Teflon coated pan with a glass lid. Put on low gas ring,perfect for finishing off part baked bread.
How often do you cook a Sunday roast whilst away in the van....or for that matter how often do you bake a cake.
Ovens are a complete waste of space in a MH. If you cant possibly live without one get a halogen oven.
almost every weekend we are away i cook a roast in the oven
can not let standards drop just because we are roughing it :ROFLMAO:
best home from home we could afford better than a 5* hotel :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Only had two trips out so far, and used the oven on both occasions.

As has been said, lots of things you CAN do without, it's a case of whether what you lose is worth more to you than what you gain. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

For us, an oven is a necessity (Jill has a DOUBLE oven at home and swears she couldn't manage without it !! :winky:)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We have an Oven :thumb: would not be without one. ::bigsmile: But we also have a slow cooker that you do on the gas then put in it, the beauty of it is :winky: you do it on the gas and put it back in the cupboard while travelling and its cooked when you get there. http://www.cookequip.co.uk/shop-dream-pot.html Could not do without that. :ROFLMAO: And if you remember all fuss about Jane wanting a Remoska at Lincoln Show. :Smile: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/remoska well she loves it, and it will be great in Spain over winter if electric is included, she loves it so much we now have TWO. :Doh: Would not be without one of them.:winky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Just noticed this John: MH Model: FFB Tabbert 580 Classic Is that Dave's Snowbirds latest edition.
Many thanks for that link to the Ausi slow cooker. I want one. The smoker looks good too.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We use halogen mostly as does most things well but still wouldn't want to be without an oven........no fresh baked cakes :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back