Ok Sponsors, nearly time (update) (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok Funsters, firstly, a massive thank you to all those that have added to my Just giving web page and helped me raise over £500 for the Make a wish foundation. I just wanted to give a final update before the big day.

The idea was to run a Marathon (Chester) and before doing that I opted to do the Hell up North running around Delamere forest in a large pink baby grow:Blush:

The time is nearly upon me and so the moment of truth is coming. Yesterday I went out and took part in a 20 mile run having had a 30 mile bike ride the day before. I managed to get to 17.5 miles before experiencing yet another injury (IT band knee area) and walked ran the last couple of miles. Shame really as i would of been on a marathon time of about 4hrs 15 (not bad for an old fat bloke) :winky:

This will be my final big run as I taper down for the event in 3 weeks time (9th October). Still very worried about it being my first (AND ONLY) marathon, but at the same time quite excited.

So here's thanking all those that have sponsored me, the total is £550ish pounds so far with nearly £400 coming from this great community and a few quid to add from work as well. :thumb:

A special thanks to those Funsters that have sent good luck messages along with their donations, some of whom I have never even met, I am truly touched. You can of course still donate by visiting my link at the bottom of my page, or drop me a pm for my address if you would rather post a donation..

Thank's again Funsters, your up trumps again. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back