OK - So We Won't Go To France! (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Due to work commitments we have only been able to get to France during December and January for the last few years and have to say that the weather hasn't been too bad. Even t-shirt weather some days. So there is hope

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What a bummer.. really bad luck.. but at least you hadn't left and then had to come home ..

wishing your lad a speedy recovery (y)

Reactions: DBK

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hope he recovers well and that you get to go away soon.

I too am an avid follower of your travels(y)
What even the French trips Chris?!!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
I feel your disappointment. We were booked to go to France in June, but wobbled thanks to fuel shortages and strikes. Final straw was when my Mum who has advanced dementia and lives in a care home had a bit of a health scare. We changed our ferry crossing with a week to go and now head off next Saturday .

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
well_brokenleg.gif

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sounds like he was lucky, it could have been a lot worse; that plasterboard is expensive stuff.

Hope he gets better soon and you get away.
We've got 29 year old daughter at home o_O

Got rid of ours - but they still come food scrounging. And take a doggie bag home. Toe rags.........

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry to hear of your son's accident, hope his leg gets better soon. Couldn't get you have rescheduled the dates and just guessed the dates then when the actual dates came, within 7 days have rescheduled so saving the deposit? Just a thought!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
New Mum's think I'm joking when I tell them to enjoy the first two years because after that it goes downhill for the next thirty.
We sent our youngest off to the Antipodes 10 yrs ago and fortunately he hasn't discovered the entry point in Blighty to get back.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
:swear:We went away a couple of years ago . And one of my sons came and done his shopping out of our deepfreeze and fridge. his excuse his company computers went down and they had not been paid. Still waiting to be paid back. Do you think I will get it. lol. ::bigsmile:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Ouch :eek:, sounds like it may be a long job if it involves his knee :confused:

Hope you're not delayed too long though :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Remind me not to break my leg in Totnes on a Friday.

On a more serious note (and for the info of those in the 'richer' parts of the country), it's getting a bit serious when, after an accident, the father of the accidentee??? has to take the victim to another hospital for an X Ray on a confirmed fractured leg.
I live 'down here' and know what a parlous state 'Our NHS' is in.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Remind me not to break my leg in Totnes on a Friday.

On a more serious note (and for the info of those in the 'richer' parts of the country), it's getting a bit serious when, after an accident, the father of the accidentee??? has to take the victim to another hospital for an X Ray on a confirmed fractured leg.
I live 'down here' and know what a parlous state 'Our NHS' is in.
It has turned out for the best because an ambulance would have taken him to Torbay, which is closer to Totnes but completely the wrong direction for us. I guess if it had happened while we were away they would have summoned an ambulance, hopefully!

They were going to operate on his leg today and we are about to ring the ward to find out if he is up to visitors yet.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
So sorry to hear all of this. Hope his recovery goes according to plan. And Hope you're back on your travels in the not to distant future.
We once rebooked a ferry twice by guessing dates before we went, because of a family emergency.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Update to my previous - no op today, it was cancelled. He had been told he was last in the queue so I guess it just takes an emergency or two to come in and the routine stuff gets shelved.

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
@DBK

I am sorry to hear of your son's accident.

Like other members of The Best Motorhome Club In The World (prbably),
I too was so looking forward to your reports and photographs.

As everyone says it could have been worse and you did well with the ferry company - a lesson there for us all.

Best wishes to you all,

Colin and Dawn

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hope he gets sorted soon, on the plus side though, it looks as if your facial swelling has gone now (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear hope your son isn't in pain and the wait isn't long.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Oh dear hope your son isn't in pain and the wait isn't long.
I think you got the words in the wrong order there. Our son is a pain and we hope they keep him in hospital for as long as possible.

Only joking! :)

Possibly... :sneaky:

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
DBK, sorry to hear of your sons accident. However in Totnes if there is a broken bone they normally send for an aromatherapist.............

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
DBK, sorry to hear of your sons accident. However in Totnes if there is a broken bone they normally send for an aromatherapist.............
An aromatherapist might at least try some treatment! We've just come back from Derriford as his operation on his leg to put a plate in has now been put back to probably Wednesday. :( So rather than clutter up the ward getting bored they have sent him home to be waited on hand and foot by us. The nurse also said home was a safer place - because of the risk of MRSA, which I guess is now a problem in almost any hospital. :unsure:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I tell my lot. If you`r looking for sympathy, It`s in the dictionary, Under S, and usually on the same page as Sy**ilis!!!. But then I was 20 years Merchant Navy, where at any time Sympathy is in very short supply!!.

Pete

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you`r looking for sympathy, It`s in the dictionary, Under S, and usually on the same page as Sy**ilis!!!.

An old boss of mine always used to say sympathy is in the dictionary between shit and syphilis (y)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Bad luck for you all, hope he gets better soon

Our brood keep finding us wherever we hide, but they're fairly self sufficient nowadays (and bloody patronising with it)

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Our two children left (in their early twenties) after we paid for their deposit on their mortgages. Cheap it would seem after reading other peoples problems!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back