OK LPG fitter suggestions please.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Road Runner, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I have decided to go LPG with minimum 300 litre tank and 2 or 3 fillers.

I want the best job for a good price.

Suggestions please?

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I have decided on Devon Gas in Exeter:thumb:

They have a good reputation so I am told.

3. jakeontour

jakeontour Read Only Funster

In front of this computer when I should be out in
    Dual Fuel

Having looked at this myself some years ago, and more recently for a friend, you do get what you pay for. There are a number of cheap convertors around, but much of their work leaves a lot to be desired. Any RV with fuel injection and a modern OBD system needs a good conversion otherwise the RV will spend most of it's time in 'limp home' mode.

If you want a proper job by a guy who really knows his stuff and takes pride in the job, Steve Griffiths at Anglo American Autocare in Newport Gwent is the man.

He fitted a dual fuel LPG conversion to my Chevy Vortec RV. 6 years and 40,000 miles later I was still delighted with the job and it had easily paid for itself. First time I took the RV to a VOSA test centre for it's MOT they praised the quality and integrity of the LPG work.

4. muz

muz Read Only Funster

lpg

my hurricane rv was fitted in wales also and i have had no problems whatsoever.it changes to gas in a few minutes and you dont know its changed,thought it was a bit pricy at first but its been worth every penny.i have 2x 110ltr tanks fitted but its fills with a very neat filler on the side next to the petrol filler, my engine is an 8.1 gm, hope this helps
    martin