OK, lets go.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by haganap, Jul 21, 2009.

1. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Right, its been a bit miserable on here the last week or so. Personaly I blame Jim and his miserable weather threads.

Today though my fellow motorhomers I have requested decent weather accross the country for the weekend. So lets look forward and have a chat about where you are taking that van,bus or even converted car too this weekend?

The haganaps? well we are off to join Pammy at the fishing and boules meet. Dusting off my pole and getting my bait ready :thumb:

I also see some steam fair happening, there is also other events thoughout the country for us all to go out and celebrate the Great Brittish summer.

So where you going?

Why you going there?

and Happy traveling .:thumb:

2. MaureenD

MaureenD Read Only Funster

Was going to Monmouth on a CC Rally but my MAM's been taking into hospital. So its canceled
    Maureen

3. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

I have just checked the weather forcast for the weekend, and its not good, several inches of rain, the odd hail storm, and 90mph winds gusting to over 100 mph at times, the bad weather will be mainly concentrated around Scunthorpe, the best of the weather will be in Crewe where it will be sun sun sun:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Have a good weekend

4. kickstart

kickstart Funster

Bus-mans holiday for me I'm afraid:Smile: Donnington park British round of the Moto GP:thumb:

5. upmarkethippy

upmarkethippy Read Only Funster

War and peace

I am hoping the weather will be kind to us at the weekend. I am off to the war and peace show, Hop farm in Kent
    Happy travels to those that do venture out.:Cool::BigGrin:

6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Looking OK for the weekend, Friday a bit iffy.

Last one eh. I can't say I'm particularly sorry, the facilities are on a par with a Moroccan campsite.

I've not been to Silverstone in over 40 years so might give it a go next year.

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Aberdeen.
    To earn a few bob.

8. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

dartmoor if my son is o,k after having his tonsils out today [hes 30 years old by the way ] :Blush::thumb::Rofl1:

9. haganap

Hi Theresa,
    That sounds great, I had my tonsils out at age 37, man it hurt real bad, tehy made me eat toast and frosties straight away, mean nurses. However i am amazed at how well I have been since, no tonsiliters ( used to get it 3 times a year and recovery got worse with age) and loads of other bennifits like less colds etc.

SO good luck with it and hope you make your weekend away :thumb:

10. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

thanks for that . we spend the summer on dartmoor on a site at cockingford lovely site but no leccy . have a good weekend all :Blush:

11. haganap

Hope she recovers Maureen, I will post an extra special blog for your to read

Hey Graham we are funsters, despite my ordering the good weather for everyone, if the dark side curse us with bad weather they will nether stop funsters on a meet having fun!!

yes but what a holiday to have" are you spannering? racing or selling?

Kent has a micro climate, not sure I can weaver my magic all the way over there but I will try. the show looks good thougt:thumb:

Long way to go and sell your body Brian? however I hear those riggers off the choppers are not too fussy so you could get that new sat system soon.

Good luck every one have fun and keep em coming.

12. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Off to Bonny Scotland for a weeks holiday WITHOUT the motorhome.. we full timers need a break too .. :Wink:

Renting a cottage on a beautiful loch, works out cheaper than taking George ..

Will do some family research, visit my elderly dad, Jan's family and friends ..

Jim

13. MaureenD

MaureenD Read Only Funster

Thanks Paul will look forward to that
    Maureen

14. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Have a nice time. We're not going as we're off to N.Wales however my eldest son will be there doing the First Aid if you need him:helpsos:

15. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

the dark side ? are they still around, thought they'd flattened each other by know:boxing:

being a funster is about always looking on the bright side of life ( I feel a song coming on)

Lets face it even if it does rain in scunny ( which i'm sure it won't) then atleast the fish will be biteing:thumb:

16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We're taking part in the English Heritage Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall between Market Harborough and Northampton.

Four days free camping - but only for participants I'm afraid :Smile:

Come along and see if you can spot me dressed up in silly clothes - and before Geo or somebody else comes in I mean silly 17th century clothes, not the ones I usually wear :Smile:

Graham

17. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Were going on a C&CC meet at Appledore Kent with Patsy4, Bob&Jane and Red Sonja and the weather is going to be fantastic:thumb:

Or I may stay in and watch smilies:Rofl1:

18. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Good fishing on the canal there and watch out for the hot air balloons.

19. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

Going to a local Steam Fair. Hoping to sit around all day doing nothing. I help run another local Steam Fair so it will be nice to watch someone else doing all the work.

Andy

20. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Already there!:Rofl1:
    This week, we're based on a very nice CS in't t'hills, just outside Leek (Staffordshire).
    Stunning scenery, even if I couldn't see much of it on my 2 hour walk in the mist after work last night!:Rofl1:
    10amp hook up, fresh and dump facilities..........and begger all else, just how we like it.
    Forcaste for the weekend is reasonable and we've got friends arriving with thier caravan for the weekend so really looking forward to some fun.:BigGrin: