Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
hi all, We are going to Spain and Portugal for January and February. I will be getting the relevant Aires books but thinking about getting the acsi card. What do the collective think? Does the acsi card run January to December or is it 12 months from when you buy it?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I found it good value when I used it but I'd check the number of sites open in Jan and Feb to make it worth your while. It runs from Jan-Dec except high season.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You will save the cost of the card many times over if u r away for two months

We use ours all the time

We have been on sites for 18e and the neighbour has been paying 28e

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another vote for the ACSI guidebooks and discount card. Has to be renewed each year and, as already mentioned the scheme runs from January to December, excluding peak season.

Should be plenty of places open in Spain.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You don't need any out of date books or ACSI cards when visiting Spain or Portugal
Campercontact (website or app) has more Aires and Camperstops than any book.
I never leave home without it

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
You don't need any out of date books or ACSI cards when visiting Spain or Portugal
Campercontact (website or app) has more Aires and Camperstops than any book.
I never leave home without it

But surely, without the ACSI card you don't get the ACSI prices?

Showing a Camperstops app on your phone/tablet at an ACSI campsite reception doesn't do much :)

If you like to stay on sites rather than aires then, as said before many times, you can save the cost of the book/card in just a couple of nights.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Glenn2926 You only need ONE aires book that's the CAMPERSTOP Europe.

colyboy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
But surely, without the ACSI card you don't get the ACSI prices?

Showing a Camperstops app on your phone/tablet at an ACSI campsite reception doesn't do much :)

If you like to stay on sites rather than aires then, as said before many times, you can save the cost of the book/card in just a couple of nights.
In Spain and Portugal there are so many good Aires and Camperstops, you don't need to rely on overpriced Campsites,
An example of this is Camperstop Totana - €7 euro a night

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
In Portugal,there are Municipal sites,and Orbitur,Municipal does discounts off season,and Orbitur,if a member (Like ASCI),you get discounts for various seasons. Worth checking these out,but in the Northern two thirds of Portugal,as long as you use common sense,Free/Wild camping outside of towns is very easy,however,a bit of string,or a very basic picket gate across an area,means the land is private.
The "Snow birds" will tell you about the best hide aways in the bottom third....Enjoy.

Tea Bag

OP
OP
glenn2926

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Thanks for all the replies so far. I have camper stop and camper contact but we like to have a week or so on a site every so often and wondered whether acsi was worth having. It would seem it is.
Thanks again for the help.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
In Spain and Portugal there are so many good Aires and Camperstops, you don't need to rely on overpriced Campsites,

Is that not the price without electric?

January - you might want the heating etc on

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
How long does the card take to come in practice (website says 12 working days)?

Think I've left it too late as we go on the 11th!!

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I've just paid 15 euros a night today down Bordeaux way:france: with acsi newbies on the same site I've just spoken to no acsi are paying 20 for the next pitch and its further away from the water tap:)

Reactions: f6c

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
How long does the card take to come in practice (website says 12 working days)?

Think I've left it too late as we go on the 11th!!
Give Vicarious Books a ring in the morning. I seem to remember ours came within a few days from them. It says on their website same day despatch if ordered before 3 pm.
https://www.vicarious-shop.com/home.php

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks for all the replies so far. I have camper stop and camper contact but we like to have a week or so on a site every so often and wondered whether acsi was worth having. It would seem it is.
Thanks again for the help.
Great sites good prices,,would not leave home without it,,Camping Cheques also good,,,BUSBY,,,

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thats right..€7 including Free WiFi...and for next season....more pitches....just how do they so it for that price.
As for ACSI Book...well if you prefer campsites its a yes from me...thats 4 yeses and you are through to the next round. (Had too much time on my hands just recently)

R

Rita and Andrew

Deleted User
We bought camping cheques at €15 each and are using them at La Forge St Marie this week. 5* campsite with EHT and water on a huge pitch. The neighbours paid £140 for 3 nights and we'll pay £75 for7 nights as its also stay 7 nights and get one free. There are over 650 sites who take camping cheques.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Is that not the price without electric?

January - you might want the heating etc on

Yes you may need heat. However, we stayed at Totana for two weeks last February and had electric. We put the money in envelope and gave to owner the day before we left. A little later she returned and said we had given her too much as it had been so warm they were not charging the full amount for electric hook up. So with or without electric this must be best value around.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Have to say it was the same price per night as the camping cheque. But they gave 7 nights for the price of 6 making the cheque better value. We even split the cost. Used up the cheque up first as they last 2 years then the rest with acsi (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back