Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
This may seem a stupid question( no don't start!) but when I start my 2008 Boxer 3 litre motor home engine a number of dots appear on the LCD screen and the word oil. They disappear after a couple of seconds.
Does this indicate a countdown to an oil change, oil level ,oil pressure or what? Does more dots mean good or bad? Looked though the handbook for information but just not there . There are usually 3 or 4 dots that appear. The oil level on the dipstick is correct.

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
It's an oil level indicator. Shown on page 20 of the Ducato handbook, in the top left.
As usual, the more the merrirer, van needs to be on level ground to show correct levels.
Cheers
Steve

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Mine shows 5 solid dots when the oil is up to the max. When the oil level drops, the dots change to circles starting from the right
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The oil level on the dipstick in mine is spot on, as it was when it left the factory ( only done 2500 miles) Sometimes when I turn on the ignition, I get 4 solid dots and one circle, mostly its 5 solid dots.
I suppose sometimes I'm on a bit of a slope and the level varies in the sump a little.
The dash indicator is just that, an indicator and saves you going under the bonnet to check, but the dipstick method would be more reliable anyway.
Allan

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
Thanks

I must have had my dementia hat on when reading the handbook, so will double check when I go down to the van!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back