Oil dash indication

Discussion in 'Peugeot' started by barrywi, Oct 11, 2013.

1. barrywi

barrywi Read Only Funster

This may seem a stupid question( no don't start!) but when I start my 2008 Boxer 3 litre motor home engine a number of dots appear on the LCD screen and the word oil. They disappear after a couple of seconds.
    Does this indicate a countdown to an oil change, oil level ,oil pressure or what? Does more dots mean good or bad? Looked though the handbook for information but just not there . There are usually 3 or 4 dots that appear. The oil level on the dipstick is correct.

2. steviebouy

steviebouy Funster

It's an oil level indicator. Shown on page 20 of the Ducato handbook, in the top left.
    As usual, the more the merrirer, van needs to be on level ground to show correct levels.
    Cheers
    Steve

3. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Mine shows 5 solid dots when the oil is up to the max. When the oil level drops, the dots change to circles starting from the right
    Allan

4. steviebouy

steviebouy Funster

Oops, never seen mine full - it would seem!
    Steve

5. Allanm

Allanm Funster

The oil level on the dipstick in mine is spot on, as it was when it left the factory ( only done 2500 miles) Sometimes when I turn on the ignition, I get 4 solid dots and one circle, mostly its 5 solid dots.
    I suppose sometimes I'm on a bit of a slope and the level varies in the sump a little.
    The dash indicator is just that, an indicator and saves you going under the bonnet to check, but the dipstick method would be more reliable anyway.
    Allan

6. barrywi

barrywi Read Only Funster

Thanks

I must have had my dementia hat on when reading the handbook, so will double check when I go down to the van!