Oh no, not again ...Brownhills (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
....Our advice, be positive, if need be stay overnight (bet John Cross does not provide overnight facilities!) and you will get things sorted.

The current Brownhills withdrew their card privileges including overnight facilities because I didn't have my m/h serviced by them this year.... they also refused to deal with any warranty issues.

I wrote to them explaining that the services were carried out by authorised persons which maintained the validity of the warranty.... I always spoke highly of the service that I'd had from the previous Brownhills, excellent service in fact!

Stark contrast with the treatment meted out by the present Brownhills!!

No amount of positivity could seemingly move them from ditching this loyal customer... but it has cost them my patronage... small beer at £40k perhaps but it would have looked good on their balance sheet....

...as it happens it has gone to a dealer who made me feel welcome and valued.

Jean and Robert
If you don't have your hab and cab service done by them you may suffer a similar experience, mind you, if you're prepared to pay their prices rather than use CLS who offers a more competitive rate then you shouldn't have any problems. Your money, your choice... good luck:thumb:

My advice...keep your fingers crossed:ROFLMAO:

Dammmittt...just when I was getting a life Brian (Hilldweller) remind me again about the std:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If someone needed to stay overnight, not a problem to us.

OK its not a campsite and we don't offer a cafe either, but the pub 400 yards away offers excellent food and company.

We do not get angry customers shouting and waving their fists at our staff as we don't give them any reason to do so.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
cheap and good service

Cheapest and excellent service rarely go hand in hand!

Actually you can find such a shop, my shop of choice, that's for sure - Hawkhurst on the A21- not a massive selection but all the staff are very helpful, cheerful and knowledgable.
:thumb:

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Do you mean that place on the A21 in Hurst Green? I know that one, but not of a place in Hawkhurst. I have been very many times for camping odds and ends but was put off by my most recent experience.

With a budget of £30K 'ish and a vehicle in mind that we saw in a dealers in Thanet, Kent I spent a few days trawling around the local (and not so local) dealers to see what else was on offer. It was a wet horrible morning in late May when I visited John's Cross and I found the staff there very helpful, though there was nothing in stock to match what I'd already seen. I then drove the few miles up the road to Hurst Green where there were two or three vehicles which could have been considered as worthy alternatives to the one in Thanet.

I was on site for nearly and hour, looking in the various vehicles. While no salesperson should judge a person by their appearance I was reasonably smartly dressed and drive quite a smart, and expensive car so could not have been mistaken for a time waster just sheltering from the rain. Despite this, NO-ONE approached me, spoke to me at any time while I was there - either while looking at vehicles or in the accessory shop.

I'm not saying they lost the sale, but they did nothing to encourage me to spend my money with them - or to return in the future.

If I find myself in Sussex with an urge or requirement to visit a dealer for anything I know where I'll be going in future.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Actually you can find such a shop, my shop of choice, that's for sure - Hawkhurst on the A21- not a massive selection but all the staff are very helpful, cheerful and knowledgable.
:thumb:

Not a massive selection? So not perfect LOL

The poster above disagrees with you :RollEyes:

Nope I'll stick with my statement, cheap and good service don't go hand in hand!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks Tucker, if you are not already 'suited' as the estate agents say, (we dont care if you wear jeans and flip flops!)

Give us a ring with what you are looking for as the stock is always changing.

Good Luck

Peter

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
The current Brownhills withdrew their card privileges including overnight facilities because I didn't have my m/h serviced by them this year.... they also refused to deal with any warranty issues.

I wrote to them explaining that the services were carried out by authorised persons which maintained the validity of the warranty.... I always spoke highly of the service that I'd had from the previous Brownhills, excellent service in fact!

Stark contrast with the treatment meted out by the present Brownhills!!

No amount of positivity could seemingly move them from ditching this loyal customer... but it has cost them my patronage... small beer at £40k perhaps but it would have looked good on their balance sheet....

...as it happens it has gone to a dealer who made me feel welcome and valued.

Jean and Robert
If you don't have your hab and cab service done by them you may suffer a similar experience, mind you, if you're prepared to pay their prices rather than use CLS who offers a more competitive rate then you shouldn't have any problems. Your money, your choice... good luck:thumb:

My advice...keep your fingers crossed:ROFLMAO:

Dammmittt...just when I was getting a life Brian (Hilldweller) remind me again about the std:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The exact same happened to me which upset me , as I liked a pleasant weekend on their hard standing & use of their swimming pool. When I said that when I purchased my motorhome and it came with lifetime membership of Club Brownhills, they pointed out ' oh that was the old Brownhills . nothing to do with us'

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Yes, Hurst Green not Hawkhust!

Do you mean that place on the A21 in Hurst Green? I know that one, but not of a place in Hawkhurst. I have been very many times for camping odds and ends but was put off by my most recent experience.

With a budget of £30K 'ish and a vehicle in mind that we saw in a dealers in Thanet, Kent I spent a few days trawling around the local (and not so local) dealers to see what else was on offer. It was a wet horrible morning in late May when I visited John's Cross and I found the staff there very helpful, though there was nothing in stock to match what I'd already seen. I then drove the few miles up the road to Hurst Green where there were two or three vehicles which could have been considered as worthy alternatives to the one in Thanet.

I was on site for nearly and hour, looking in the various vehicles. While no salesperson should judge a person by their appearance I was reasonably smartly dressed and drive quite a smart, and expensive car so could not have been mistaken for a time waster just sheltering from the rain. Despite this, NO-ONE approached me, spoke to me at any time while I was there - either while looking at vehicles or in the accessory shop.

I'm not saying they lost the sale, but they did nothing to encourage me to spend my money with them - or to return in the future.

If I find myself in Sussex with an urge or requirement to visit a dealer for anything I know where I'll be going in future.

I have to stop writing on here when I am tired! Yes, it's Hurst-Green shop!!:winky:

See I prefer that sales style, I spend as long as I like in and out of the van, pick out one or 2 I like and then grab the sales guy, of my choice; likewise in the shop and I prefer a sales guy that getting an answer to a question, is not like pulling teeth! Each to their own I guess :RollEyes:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
mmmmm needs to read more carfuly

Not a massive selection? So not perfect LOL

The poster above disagrees with you :RollEyes:

Nope I'll stick with my statement, cheap and good service don't go hand in hand!

You said cheap & good service don't go hand in hand, nothing about it being perfect! Cheap and good service is available as I have witnessed at Hurst-greenmany times (sorry not Hawkhurst!) but no shop is perfect, unless you can provide evidence? :winky:

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
I have to stop writing on here when I am tired! Yes, it's Hurst-Green shop!!:winky:

See I prefer that sales style, I spend as long as I like in and out of the van, pick out one or 2 I like and then grab the sales guy, of my choice; likewise in the shop and I prefer a sales guy that getting an answer to a question, is not like pulling teeth! Each to their own I guess :RollEyes:

I see your point Elvis, because I work in sales myself I don't like either extreme, too pushy or too laid back and don't appear to want my business. Perhaps they didn't come and speak to me as they didn't want to get wet ::bigsmile:. Anyway, we're sorted now thanks to a very nice dealer in Thanet who got the balance absolutely right (for me) between too much and too little attention.

My only observation between these two dealers near 'Hawkhurst' was that I was made to feel much more welcome at one of them and would be more likely to return there should the need arise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back