Oh No! It's raining in Moffat again! (1 Viewer)

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
They now have their own CL or CS site next to their car park.

Thanks Keith I thought last time we were there probably 4 years ago I noticed a van parked and wondered if it was still there.

That will be one on our todo 2016 list .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
The flood, came, and went just as quick in Moffat.
We went to Dumfries ( saw the flood evidence on the roads :Eeek:) , Annan and Powfoot today . Buster had a good run on the beach at Powfoot. Blooming freezing and frosty. But it was great to get out and blow the New Year's Eve cobwebs away. We parked up past the golf club .
We drove back on the A701 from Dumfries to Moffat. We've seen plenty stag/deer road signs before on our travels. But never seen as many dead ones :crying: , more baby than adult , we were glad it was still daylight. I recon the casualties were from the previous night and this morning..
I've not seen any campers on the Main Street where the garden centre is, next to the big Moffat house... I never realised there was a cc there.
You can't camp in the carpark as you enter Moffat though. I know some have said before that you can. But there's signs up. No camping overnighting cooking.... The ccc is cheap enough , with hook up , if your members ,though. Plus it's a nice quiet site.
The Moffat site was booked up solid. But I'm guessing some must have cancelled, cos if the weather /etcs there's been a few spare places.
We are booking for next year. Great place. Lovely locals. Plenty Fab eating / drinking places . Rain? Dampens it a bit. But we've clothes for all occasions. Plus we've timed it right on our outings. This weather thing ralphs used , is right to the minute ! Plus it's only 10 mins walk ( slow) and your into Moffat. Then it's just a pub crawl, traditional, Indian, Italian, fishnchips, and jockanese :wink: and lots of little shops to keep you occupied in the day time , if your not out traveling about . Happy new year funsters. We are both couched back in pug now. Watching a film and chilling. The rain is pitter pattering on the roof. We're toasty warm, fresh /hic , full up , happy ....bliss.

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We drive down to Powfoot for the night sometimes, only 15 miles from home but feels like the other side of the world. After taking Toby along the beach we head to the hotel for a wee drink.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We went to Dumfries ( saw the flood evidence on the roads :Eeek:) , Annan and Powfoot today . Buster had a good run on the beach at Powfoot. Blooming freezing and frosty. But it was great to get out and blow the New Year's Eve cobwebs away. We parked up past the golf club .
We drove back on the A701 from Dumfries to Moffat. We've seen plenty stag/deer road signs before on our travels. But never seen as many dead ones :crying: , more baby than adult , we were glad it was still daylight. I recon the casualties were from the previous night and this morning..
I've not seen any campers on the Main Street where the garden centre is, next to the big Moffat house... I never realised there was a cc there.
You can't camp in the carpark as you enter Moffat though. I know some have said before that you can. But there's signs up. No camping overnighting cooking.... The ccc is cheap enough , with hook up , if your members ,though. Plus it's a nice quiet site.
The Moffat site was booked up solid. But I'm guessing some must have cancelled, cos if the weather /etcs there's been a few spare places.
We are booking for next year. Great place. Lovely locals. Plenty Fab eating / drinking places . Rain? Dampens it a bit. But we've clothes for all occasions. Plus we've timed it right on our outings. This weather thing ralphs used , is right to the minute ! Plus it's only 10 mins walk ( slow) and your into Moffat. Then it's just a pub crawl, traditional, Indian, Italian, fishnchips, and jockanese :wink: and lots of little shops to keep you occupied in the day time , if your not out traveling about . Happy new year funsters. We are both couched back in pug now. Watching a film and chilling. The rain is pitter pattering on the roof. We're toasty warm, fresh /hic , full up , happy ....bliss.
Sounds like you had a great new year again, apart from all the rain, but then we have had plenty as well, we are on a Ukraine youth centre rally in Derby for new year.
Happy new year to you both, as we speak it is still raining on the roof, see you both soon

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012

Brother works with Sika deer not far from Moffat, hope his were ok. Glad you had a good time.:xThumb:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Brother works with Sikh deer not far from Moffat, hope his were ok. Glad you had a good time.:xThumb:

Deer in turbans? :rofl:

Predictive text one presumes!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back