Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks nice. Do you need to stay under 7.5t? if so, what payload does it have?

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Looks nice. Do you need to stay under 7.5t? if so, what payload does it have?

Yes as don't have a HGV licence. Good point I don't know what the payload is maybe someone on here will know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes as don't have a HGV licence. Good point I don't know what the payload is maybe someone on here will know.

With a full slide I imagine there won't be much spare, (legally spare that is, I imagine in reality there will be lots) The reason for that is that many of these vehicles have the max weight 'downgraded' to get into 'Car License" territory. You can get them uprated which will increase the payload but you'll need a test.

Please note I am talking 'generally' here, your van may have a ton of payload spare, but I'd fill it with water and fuel and get it weighed to find out how much you do have. (y)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes they have tried Full timing, but not selling up. Its different and puts a completely different spin on it.
Phil

For a long time we was long term, and just going home to make it looked lived in. then 15 months ago it sold, ;) we would have been a lot better off had we sold it a couple of years earlier, we have no regrets and sometimes look at property for sale with the intention of renting it out, but with the amount of empty houses for sale and loads of property for rent maybe not ! :cautious:

I don't know about an RV, looked at them and 5th wheelers and the space is good, but convenience and fuel consumption out weighs space for us.
So its a caravan in Spain for winter, and our panel van for travelling. (y)
Bob and Janie.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
With a full slide I imagine there won't be much spare, (legally spare that is, I imagine in reality there will be lots) The reason for that is that many of these vehicles have the max weight 'downgraded' to get into 'Car License" territory. You can get them uprated which will increase the payload but you'll need a test.

Please note I am talking 'generally' here, your van may have a ton of payload spare, but I'd fill it with water and fuel and get it weighed to find out how much you do have. (y)

Your right it has been downgraded. I did look at the plate and can see it was originally 9 Tonne.

From my experience with our 3.5 Tonne MH I would imagine the majority of owners travel well over weight as seems all the manufacturers seem to go for the lowest plating weight they can so make it accessible to the largest market possible and the dealers are not keen to help or advise probably knowing they have naff all load weight.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
For a long time we was long term, and just going home to make it looked lived in. then 15 months ago it sold, ;) we would have been a lot better off had we sold it a couple of years earlier, we have no regrets and sometimes look at property for sale with the intention of renting it out, but with the amount of empty houses for sale and loads of property for rent maybe not ! :cautious:

I don't know about an RV, looked at them and 5th wheelers and the space is good, but convenience and fuel consumption out weighs space for us.
So its a caravan in Spain for winter, and our panel van for travelling. (y)
Bob and Janie.
I hope it all works out for you. I always err on the side of caution, Best of luck
Phil

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
;) I think if we were cautious we would probably not buy a house in the first place :LOL: and certainly not have got into the haulage business. :ROFLMAO:

I think it starts with the trips away getting longer, and you get use to space, and going home makes you see how much space you don't need. :eek: :D

We believe in do it while you can, we will no doubt have many years sat around in a house, be it owned or rented. (y) Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Your right it has been downgraded. I did look at the plate and can see it was originally 9 Tonne.

From my experience with our 3.5 Tonne MH I would imagine the majority of owners travel well over weight as seems all the manufacturers seem to go for the lowest plating weight they can so make it accessible to the largest market possible and the dealers are not keen to help or advise probably knowing they have naff all load weight.

It might be a good idea to go on RVOC and ask the question, when we looked at the it seemed the petrol ones weighed less than diesel but then you add LPG tanks and it might weigh more, but good luck with it, and I will follow your blog and see how you get on. (y) Bob.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
It might be a good idea to go on RVOC and ask the question, when we looked at the it seemed the petrol ones weighed less than diesel but then you add LPG tanks and it might weigh more, but good luck with it, and I will follow your blog and see how you get on. (y) Bob.

Many thanks Bob I am just in the middle of writing a new post now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back