Oh dear the Motorhome fraternity is under fire again (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
IMG_0882.JPG

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It wouldn't be 'potable' water I wouldn't have thought but untreated water used for irrigation.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
They're funny shaped TV Aerials on top of the closest Motorhome in the picture, aren't they?

:france: :france: :france: :france:

I think this story is dead in the water.

SUCKS.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Sadly for the " good majority" the minority spoil life for the majority. Whether it is irresponsible dog owners, parents of out of control children, off road bikers, or selfish motorhomers ..... it's all the same.
Fuengirola in January was a nightmare on some days... mh's parked everywhere, in narrow streets, street corners, even on , yes on, the pedestrian crossing on the road next to Maxes cafe and money exchange if anyone knows where I mean. Sat in a cafe, watching said MH , I unfortunately mentioned to a fellow coffe and brandy consumer, 2 euros at sol y mar by the way, that we were in a MH and was berated for the wrong doings of, apparently, the entire MH community including those who park, quite legally but perhaps thoughtlessly, in front of her 90 year old mother who lives on the sea front at Whitby and whose daily view is now only MH's in variety!
Always 2 sides to every story and yes we have wilded Occasionally .

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
This had also created a potential health problem !
At a bloody cemetery?:)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The use of Church/graveyard water taps is well known among the Wild campers/full timers community, some even have such places plotted on their communal maps. Never used one myself, though I'm sure if caught by the vicar any perpetrators would be forgiven ;)

Last edited:

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
According to the report they have been using the water to clean out chemical toilets etc. If true then that's appalling. Would they do that outside their homes?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some folk are just so disrespectful

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
According to the report they have been using the water to clean out chemical toilets etc. If true then that's appalling. Would they do that outside their homes?
Ah, but its a newspaper report, so mostly sensationalised to encourage sales.....probably.

But I agree, if people are emptying their toilets and leaving a mess, then that is unacceptable.

Unfortunately, in every walk of life, the minority spoil things for everybody else.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Ah, but its a newspaper report, so mostly sensationalised to encourage sales.....probably.

But I agree, if people are emptying their toilets and leaving a mess, then that is unacceptable.

Unfortunately, in every walk of life, the minority spoil things for everybody else.

The worst I have ever seen was a Brit on the Ile d'Oleron washing out his cassette in a huge ceramic "sink" with drainer outside the shower/laundry block. This unit is provided for cleaning SHELLFISH !!!! words totally fail me at his reply of "oh well"

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We know this is old news, but why the big need need to wash out cassettes ?

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
We know this is old news, but why the big need need to wash out cassettes ?

Agree. Haven't done so in all our years motorhoming.
Now and then a quick rinse if there's running water available at the dump point, but apart from that just empty it out and replace the cap.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
On the Ile de Re we were parked for over a week on a busy aire attached to a campsite, and the only water option they provided was 100 litres for 3 Euros at the service point.

I don't begrudge anybody 3 Euros but I frankly couldn't be arsed uprooting, unplugging, and driving away from the pitch to get 100 litres at a time, so I opted for a morning stroll with a 10 litre watering can to the nearby beachside loos, which had a water tap on the outside. Other camping-caristes were of a similar mindset.

I'd rather pay a little bit more for the aire and have some choice about how much water I can collect.

You can rinse your bog cartridge perfectly well with grey water - it's even got added detergent.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Not just MH but on a campsite waiting to wash my crocks ( plates etc) a sink was being used by a lady to wash sandy pooy shorts! Grrr when it was my turn and I declined to use the sink she shrugged her shoulders in that Gallic way and someone behind me took my place!! Pictures explained what the sinks were for and laundry ones were round the corner!!
Sorry off topic but still gets my goat!!:mad:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
On the Ile de Re we were parked for over a week on a busy aire attached to a campsite, and the only water option they provided was 100 litres for 3 Euros at the service point.

I don't begrudge anybody 3 Euros but I frankly couldn't be arsed uprooting, unplugging, and driving away from the pitch to get 100 litres at a time, so I opted for a morning stroll with a 10 litre watering can to the nearby beachside loos, which had a water tap on the outside. Other camping-caristes were of a similar mindset.

I'd rather pay a little bit more for the aire and have some choice about how much water I can collect.

You can rinse your bog cartridge perfectly well with grey water - it's even got added detergent.
If we can be bothered, we rinse out the cassette with grey water while it's still draining. I can't see the point in wasting fresh water to rinse out the cassette.
We also have a 15 litre watering can for when we can't find water near enough to park next to, usually when we are staying in the UK

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Not just MH but on a campsite waiting to wash my crocks ( plates etc) a sink was being used by a lady to wash sandy pooy shorts! Grrr when it was my turn and I declined to use the sink she shrugged her shoulders in that Gallic way and someone behind me took my place!! Pictures explained what the sinks were for and laundry ones were round the corner!!
Sorry off topic but still gets my goat!!:mad:
Ah, the French! Love signs and rules but generally take no notice of them.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Rinsing out the cassette makes it stink (losing bacteria), doing it with grey water makes it stink even more (grey water usually smells worse than black especially in hot weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back