Oh Dear, Is My Trusty Old Kindle History? (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have to be honest...

I am an old pensioner and have never used a touch screen device before.

I always used Nokia (smart) phones and knew them like the back of my hand.

(The main reason for looking at these new fangled things was that I was fed up with waiting for my laptop to boot up before I could use it.)

I have had... and still have... a great deal of minor difficulties getting to know this device. Others would blame the machine... call it useless and reject it as useless. (It took me some days just to work out how to answer the phone! Mind you... if I had read the instructions more carefully it would have been quicker!)

For example. When I handled it at first, it kept doing things... opening pages... shutting pages, beeping and flashing etc and it was of course because I was touching the screen. Then the screen kept switching from portrait to landscape and back... I was tilting the thing!

I would say that, unless you enjoy learning this stuff and you have uses for all its capabilities and you have the time to study it... then you might be better off with a less powerful device. But if you thrill at learning the stuff it can do and then use that stuff for fun or work, then you can't beat it (at least not until Apple bring out something to overtake it...)

JJ :Cool:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have galaxynote one and love it. It had to go back to Samsung as it wasn't picking up signal on any Sim card but now have it back, I missed it so much. The screen size is great for taking everywhere.
And I have got used to making calls on it and don't feel daft with the size of it against my ear.
I had a galaxy ace to use while it was away, blimey that is small especially with the small screen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back