Official overnighting - another step in the right direction (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've received details from AJP, who has made a number of valuable contributions to my web site, regarding an experimental overnight facility for motorhomes in Ipswich. This has come about as a result of AJP taking the time and trouble to make a positive approach to the local council - an effort for which we should all applaud him.

Details in note 4) on my web site Here. I hope people find the facility useful and that, as a result, the council makes it permanent.

There are contact details for the parking office at Ipswich Council on their web site (follow the link in the entry) for anyone requiring further details.

Graham

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
good man :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi good news and well done them, however not wanting to put a damper on it a couple of points need to be born in mind.

The route suggested down Portman Walk is banned between the hours of 7.30pm to 3am, this is the old kerb crawlers road, and all but HGV's were banned some years ago. Since Steve Wright murdered 5 of the prostitutes most have gone elsewhere anyway now.

To access the park between these times stay on the main road after the BMW garage until you come to the one way system, at the first set of lights turn left, then bare left again after 100 yards and the carpark is on your right

The car park also doubles as an overnight lorry park, but their are no marked spaces for lorries, all the spaces are marked for cars, so you will have to straddle 2-4 of them, ok at night but not sure about doing this during the day, you might get a ticket. Its £4.40 for all day parking so £10.40 per 24 hours.

The Landspeed garage backs on to the carpark, you can see their sign over on the right, and Simon the owner is more than willing to do repairs to Motorhomes or Mot's (probably need booking in advance, 3.5ton max) they also specialize in Smarts.

As I was going into town to day I stopped of and took some pics.

Olley

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
"Ipswich Council will allow for such parking, Monday to Friday nights, with parking allowed after 6pm each evening up until 8am the next morning"

That is great.
Sadly I guess it does mean that I can't park there on a Friday night, got to Portman Rd to watch the great ITFC, and then leave?
Or can I park there on Saturday daytime?
WHo do you pay the £6 to?
Is there an attendent? Does he know about this deal?
Has anyone tried it out yet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
"Ipswich Council will allow for such parking, Monday to Friday nights, with parking allowed after 6pm each evening up until 8am the next morning"

That is great.
Sadly I guess it does mean that I can't park there on a Friday night, got to Portman Rd to watch the great ITFC, and then leave?
Or can I park there on Saturday daytime?
WHo do you pay the £6 to?
Is there an attendent? Does he know about this deal?
Has anyone tried it out yet?

I'm sure Link Removed can answer your questions.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back