Off to see the new van today - AS Broadway (1 Viewer)

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Exciting day. Ordered a new Auto-sleepers Broadway FB and it was delivered to the dealers yesterday. So off to check it over today.

Picking it up on the 15th.

In my true fashion I've done a spreadsheet checklist of all the things to check over at this point.

Wish me luck.
Al.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Exciting day. Ordered a new Auto-sleepers Broadway FB and it was delivered to the dealers yesterday. So off to check it over today.

Picking it up on the 15th.

In my true fashion I've done a spreadsheet checklist of all the things to check over at this point.

Wish me luck.
Al.
Congratulations on your new van ! Safe travels and enjoy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Good luck! I am in my AS Broadway FB at this very moment, at Cornish Farm. Ours was delivered just under 4 weeks ago and this is our second trip in it. It is a fabulous and well-built and well specced van and we are thrilled with ours. I hope you are with yours : I am sure you will be.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We hav just bought a 2015 A/S El Duo, as you say well made and well thought out, just a bit disappointed in a few aspects, but I guess no van will ever be 100% right.
Enjoy the experience.

OP
OP
aldhp21
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
IMG_5978.JPG
Well also in my true fashion I forgot to take the checklist. But the van looks superb. Went over it with a fine tooth comb so now can't wait to pick it up.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 161529 Well also in my true fashion I forgot to take the checklist. But the van looks superb. Went over it with a fine tooth comb so now can't wait to pick it up.
Yes it does look lovely!! Good luck with the hand over and many safe and happy trips in her!

OP
OP
aldhp21
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Good luck! I am in my AS Broadway FB at this very moment, at Cornish Farm. Ours was delivered just under 4 weeks ago and this is our second trip in it. It is a fabulous and well-built and well specced van and we are thrilled with ours. I hope you are with yours : I am sure you will be.

Can I ask where have you fitted your TV? The cupboard next to the fridge appears to be a TV cupboard but I'm not sure what fittings I would use.

Cheers Al.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I understand that a lot of TVs are fitted on the r/h wall of the fridge, adjacent to the entrance to the habitation area. That would seem to involve removing the newspaper holder which is situated there. We wanted our TV fitted in the proper cupboard, which comes equipped with 12v electrical socket and aerial point and enables the TV to be slid out of the way when not in use. To us it seems daft to have a dedicated TV cupboard and not use it. Ours was ordered through Alan Franks (Sales Manager at Marquis in Preston) at the October show and delivered through Marquis in Northampton. Alan told us that he knew the correct bracket and to get Northampton to speak to him if they had a problem. Northampton said they knew and certainly it came with the right one. Only minor thing is that it could have done with being set back another quarter inch in the cupboard to clear the r/h side when we rotate the screen : it's not a major problem and a little wiggle does the job (at my age that's all the exercise I get!). Not sure if you ordered through Marquis but, if you did, a quick word with Alan should do the trick. Later on, when I get up (it's a bit early as you can see from the time of this post), I'll see if I can find a name or part number for the bracket or maybe post a photo if I can't. Hope this helps. I might need a bit of help myself with fitting a second TV in the other location point at the foot of the bed but my typing finger is now exhausted, so I'll post separately. All the best with your lovely new van. If you are as pleased with yours as we are with ours, you will be happy indeed. :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Lovely van - wishing you many miles of safe & happy travels:)

OP
OP
aldhp21
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Fabulous.. We bought our AS from Nick Whale who were a great dealer to do business with !!
The same with us Charlie. Got a very good trade in value with NW on our IH and I find them great to deal with. Attila the service manager has transformed their after sales in my opinion.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Al. Further to my post of 5.31am, my eyelids have finally flickered open and I can answer your question. It seems that you need a Project 2000 side mount sliding T.V. bracket : that's what I have. Available from lots of places, for example www. grasshopperleisure.co.uk

OP
OP
aldhp21
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Al. Further to my post of 5.31am, my eyelids have finally flickered open and I can answer your question. It seems that you need a Project 2000 side mount sliding T.V. bracket : that's what I have. Available from lots of places, for example www. grasshopperleisure.co.uk

Thank you stretto boy.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Hope you enjoy your new van, we bought a new AS Broadway FB just under 4 years ago and loved it. Sadly, we sold it last year to help fund our house refurb, but it was a great van, really solid and well made, you would be hard pushed to find a better built interior.
Have fun!

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I have the same van. Love it! My dealer (Motorplus, Derby ) fitted my tv in the cupboard at the side of the fridge. A little tight and I also have to give it a wiggle on the right hand side to pull it past the wall and swivel it. No good for larger tvs unfortunately, but it's out of the way when not in use. I've seen one fitted on the left wall of fridge too. Can watch in bed easily either way.
I had an extra leisure battery fitted and another solar (as the one already fitted was only 30w!). Only problem I've had was the vehicle battery went flat in the winter after 3 weeks. Keep using it all year!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back