Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WELL ME AND WOR LASS HAVE DECIDED AFTER WE HAVE BEEN MEMBERS OF THIS CLUB FOR ABOOT FOWER YEARS WE ARE GANININN TO A MEET UP AT BEADNELL AT A PLACE CALLED ANNSTEAD FARM.DIVIN'T NA MUCH ABOOT THE PLACE BUT IT LUCKS AL REET.HAS ANY OF YOO LOT BIN??????

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I've been to Anstead Farm and I'm sorry to say I would never go again.

It is (was) supposed to be a C&CC CS which means maximum 5 units + tents. When we were there, there were 8 caravan/motorhomes, and over 20 tents There was also 3 ready-erected tents (Eurocamp style) and a bunkhouse. To serve all these people there was 1 toilet for the ladies and 1 for the men and 1 shower each.
The bins (large commercial bins) overflowed within 2 days of emptying. There were around 12 hook-ups.
We never saw the owner during the entire week - there was an instruction pinned on the gate telling the names of new arrivals and telling us to put the money through the letter-box of the house.
It is a working dairy farm and the only good point is that it is directly opposite the beautiful beach, just over the sand-dunes.
Sorry to be so negative but you did ask.
We reported our findings to the C&CC and it was withdrawn as a CS the next year. I believe it is now back on the list so I would hope that things have improved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back