Off to Germany to collect our van! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
woft! well that was a rather uncomfortable night.(untili found my earplugs!) .. van buffetted bu gales an rattled by driving sleat, hail and snow .
roads seem clear(ish) this morning, so onwards to the Tunnel!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
Tight chest, can't breathe ... need ........ PICTURES!!! :)
OK then! Some interior photos... It's a bit grubby on the outside because of the road salt!
Photos of the inside please!

Or it didn't happen and that's some random moho you found in a car park :LOL:
haha! OK then... The outside is now manky due to the road salt!

Upvote 0
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Lovely van! One of the things which sticks in my mine about when we picked up ours, was the lovely 'new' smell, when we first opened the door.
I can almost smell that from looking at your photos. :)

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Great looking Van - does it get a name? Looking closely at all your pics trying to imagine what will be the same, or different on mine ;) Like the rising bed arrangement - you have to fold ours up to access the top of the water tanks etc. Is yours an Automatic gearbox?

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It looks wonderful!
Enjoy your adventures in her.!(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Great looking Van - does it get a name? Looking closely at all your pics trying to imagine what will be the same, or different on mine ;) Like the rising bed arrangement - you have to fold ours up to access the top of the water tanks etc. Is yours an Automatic gearbox?
for us, the advantage of the lifting bed “revolution” model is that we can keep our (rather expensive) bikes inside and away from prying exes and thieving scumbags when we sleep or leave the van parked up - the under bed area is long enough to accommodate the bikes in lengthwise with wheels still on - and we can lower the bed down so we can sleep above the bikes.

Yes, its a Fiat’s “comformatic” (robotised manual) automatic gearbox - I drive a BMW 335xd with the ZF8 sp auto gearbox, which is superb - this gearbox is nothing like the BMW gearbox, but it was very good in its own way - you just need to think of it for what it is, which is a manual gearbox shifting a diesel engine for you - quite different from the full 8sp Auto, but seemed satisfactory none the less. I really like the leather steering wheel - IMO, the plastic one feels felt terrible - and its the bit you hold onto all the time!

Upvote 0

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thanks for all the photos!

I'm soooo tempted by a PVC... this thread is like eye candy to me (y)

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Looks an awesome bit of kit. Happy Days.

I am scratching my head how it works though? With the bed up in the picture it looks not tall enough to stand up in and you cant get to the high cupboards? Does it fold up or to the side when not been used?

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

I am scratching my head how it works though? With the bed up in the picture it looks not tall enough to stand up in and you cant get to the high cupboards? Does it fold up or to the side when not been used?
You're not meant to walk under it really, this is at the rear and separate from the half dinette front lounge. The upper bed is higher than it would normally be if it was in use otherwise you'd be curled up ... mind you even if it was a bit lower you'd have to watch you didn't bash your bonce on the bottom of the cupboard in the night!

Link Removed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I really like the leather steering wheel - IMO, the plastic one feels felt terrible - and its the bit you hold onto all the time!

No-one told me that, no wonder I get so many funny looks.

It looks lovely, nurse her home and enjoy the freedom.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I really like the leather steering wheel - IMO, the plastic one feels felt terrible - and its the bit you hold onto all the time!
My secret is out, now you know why I ordered another Hymer rather than a Carthago.
Order a Hymer with Comformatic box and you get a leather steering wheel and gear knob.
Ooooo so sexy.:D2

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Gerry
Hope you made it back ok
Will only take about a day to get the grime off
As far as I know that makes two Revolution models in Scotland?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
image.jpg
made it home safely yesterday! :) just parked the van in the driveway. thought I'd wait until daylight to try it for the first time... it appears a squeeze... our Driveway is only 2.4m wide... that is why we needed a PVC! @lorger from Dumfries has a Campscout Revolution

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 141966 made it home safely yesterday! :) just parked the van in the driveway. thought I'd wait until daylight to try it for the first time... it appears a squeeze... our Driveway is only 2.4m wide... that is why we needed a PVC! @lorger from Dumfries has a Campscout Revolution
Glad you are back safely . Enjoy your adventures in her!

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
View attachment 141966 made it home safely yesterday! :) just parked the van in the driveway. thought I'd wait until daylight to try it for the first time... it appears a squeeze... our Driveway is only 2.4m wide... that is why we needed a PVC! @lorger from Dumfries has a Campscout Revolution
I bet it feel's real now after the long wait, once you spend the night on a French Aire you'll think you've loads of room on your drive :). I have the Roadcruiser not the Revolution although it was originally the Revolution we thought about with the 2 double beds.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
it appears a squeeze... our Driveway is only 2.4m wide... that is why we needed a PVC!

Ours is a squeeze as much in length as width. I've measured it about six times though (once in the middle of the night :whistle:) Fingers crossed! :eek::unsure:;):D

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Could you not trim the hedge back or put a fence there instead?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Could you not trim the hedge back or put a fence there instead?
Yes, I'm looking into that option. We cut the hedge hard back on the driveway side last year and I hoped it would have been enough but I might need to look again. I hate cutting hedges anyway!

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes, I'm looking into that option. We cut the hedge hard back on the driveway side last year and I hoped it would have been enough but I might need to look again. I hate cutting hedges anyway!
You could also put up a nice carport for your new buddy too as I'm sure he'll be feeling the cold! :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
that's the VAT paid to HMRC - they quite generously assessed the van at a rate of 1.186 (rather that the current 1.138) but even with that, the fall in the value of the pound against the euro cost us approx. £500 extra VAT from when our initial sums were done.
so all in once landed, we have saved £8k / 15% compared to buying in UK - now to get the thing registered with DVLA!

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

You're not meant to walk under it really, this is at the rear and separate from the half dinette front lounge. The upper bed is higher than it would normally be if it was in use otherwise you'd be curled up ... mind you even if it was a bit lower you'd have to watch you didn't bash your bonce on the bottom of the cupboard in the night!

Link Removed

I have the longer version the Campscout Revolution. The rear bed lifts up enough for an average height person to walk under to load etc, maybe by bending slightly but very handy for loading.

You can drop the bed to the cupboards or leave higher and add a second bed below, making 2 large double bunk beds with similar space above each bed as an over cab luton bed but with more space as no sloped roof.

Its very versatile as you can stop the bed at any height, meaning that you can carry all types of load and still keep a double bed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
that's the VAT paid to HMRC - they quite generously assessed the van at a rate of 1.186 (rather that the current 1.138) but even with that, the fall in the value of the pound against the euro cost us approx. £500 extra VAT from when our initial sums were done.
so all in once landed, we have saved £8k / 15% compared to buying in UK - now to get the thing registered with DVLA!
Edit...
I redid my calculations based on the UK 2017 pricelist and we saved £10,968.44 or 19.2% over an equivalent spec UK van. (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back