Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Staying on marine parade tommorow night 6 o'clock ferry then two weeks of bliss........wine/ bikeing will try to keep in touch as we are takeing laptop so if I can find free wi-fi and work out how to work it I'll give you some updates if thats o.k.::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
just pop into a mcdonalds and use their wifi, or even sit outside and use it.

Have a good journey and great holiday

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Have a great time - our tunnel journey starts in a couple of weeks ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davvidof

Free Member
May 24, 2010
Felixstowe
Funster No
MH
None - Sold It!
Exp
2 Months
We are on the train on Monday 21st for a 5 week tour, going to try a mix of aires and campsites as we don't have onboard 'facilities':winky:

P10004541.jpg
P10004541.jpg

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Enjoy yourselves, if you like eating or drink out then take plenty of money with you, it does seem to have become very expensive in the last year or so, still a great country but expensive.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We are on the train on Monday 21st for a 5 week tour, going to try a mix of aires and campsites as we don't have onboard 'facilities':winky:

P10004541.jpg

Might see you if you are going to Brittany - we will be a day behind you :Smile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Have a great time, we are just looking at booking our site for our trip to France in August

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It might be worth warning you that the forecast for next week shows the best weather to be in the north west of France, the south east (Paris downwards) being very wet.

Go down the Normandy coast to Brittany where you are likely to find the driest weather - and the nicest people! The prices are also more reasonable in rural Brittany, food and drink. And if you pop in to an Intermarché store you can buy a 10 litre wine box of very good Merlot for only 20 Euro. That should keep you happy in the evenings.:Smile:

You will also find that there are many excellent aires de camping where you can stay overnight free of charge. And, unlike in the UK, there are very few restrictions on parking or overnighting in public places.

Enjoy your holiday! And drive carefully.

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
If you are touring Brittany there is a nice municipal site ( Only open as an Aire ) until end of June 3.70e pn inc 10amp leccy and water at Rotheneof nice beach as well between St Malo and Cancale bus stop outside gate into St Malo 2.20e each return every 20 minutes or so
Also a nice aire at Phoula with nice beach and cliff top walks
Have a good trip and hope you find good weather
Parking for Eurotunnel at City Europe is ok now.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
OK, I have found Rothéneuf, that was an easy typo to make, NP and it looks like a nice little place, sort of wraps itself round the one beach with others larger at either side.

But I can't identify the whereabouts of Phoula, could you give us a clue please?

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
We arrived in Calais on Monday morning at 0620 with the intention of heading for the south coast. Tanked it down to a aire near Nevers, village called St Benin-D'Azy(44) for the night. Took us around 10 hours to get there with some stops on the way. Sun shining all the way down and into the late evening. Avoided tolls using Tomtom

Tuesday we left Nevers around 0900 and headed for our final destination of Mountpellier. We planned to stay in a aire called Palavas Les Flots(108) for the night which we paid 13 euros for. Took about 9 hours to get here and once again the weather lovely until late evening.

Wednesday morning we left at 1000Hrs and headed for a ACSI campsite called Las Tamaras on the beach front, 20 minute drive away from aire. Booked in till the 13 June.

Since we arrived here there has been a thick black covering of cloud with light showers every now and then. Still warm tho. Not happy:ROFLMAO:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
OK, I have found Rothéneuf, that was an easy typo to make, NP and it looks like a nice little place, sort of wraps itself round the one beach with others larger at either side.

But I can't identify the whereabouts of Phoula, could you give us a clue please?

my mistake its Plouha north of Binic from the main road its about 2 miles towards the coast N48*.554 W002*53.107 off the D32 sp Plage du Paulas-la Palus

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Thanks - possibly had I been arsed to get the rd map of France out of the M'home I might have noticed Plouha and put 2 and 2 together! another dead easy typo LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We're off on Monday night, haven't a clue where we are going yet (after Calais docks, of course!) although we usually start off on the aire at Berck sur Mer ......

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
update

have a great time xxxxx

Staying on marine parade tommorow night 6 o'clock ferry then two weeks of bliss........wine/ bikeing will try to keep in touch as we are takeing laptop so if I can find free wi-fi and work out how to work it I'll give you some updates if thats o.k.::bigsmile:
Good journey down to Brezolles our first aire stop, as usual quite busy but still plenty of room weather good pm (friday). Moved on to another very nice aire between Montlucon & Clermont Ferrand at St Remy de Blot lovely friendly village great biking roads, there was a biker rally on just outside the village met lots of new friends all french! weather still good bit cloudy am. Headed on down to Tarn Gorge, Millau raining most of the way, stopped today (monday) just outside Nant still p....ing down,:Sad: took a walk in the rain into Nant, well worth the visit, even getting soaked, if you like very old (medieval) buildings etc. Thinking about moving further south, looks like weather bad right through to friday so going for the better temperatures on the coast. Will keep in touch if can find internet connection.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
update

Good journey down to Brezolles our first aire stop, as usual quite busy but still plenty of room weather good pm (friday). Moved on to another very nice aire between Montlucon & Clermont Ferrand at St Remy de Blot lovely friendly village great biking roads, there was a biker rally on just outside the village met lots of new friends all french! weather still good bit cloudy am. Headed on down to Tarn Gorge, Millau raining most of the way, stopped today (monday) just outside Nant still p....ing down,:Sad: took a walk in the rain into Nant, well worth the visit, even getting soaked, if you like very old (medieval) buildings etc. Thinking about moving further south, looks like weather bad right through to friday so going for the better temperatures on the coast. Will keep in touch if can find internet connection.::bigsmile:
Arrived in Aigues Morte tuesday and still here! weather excellent v hot thunderstorm hit coast wednesday, not bad here pretty bad Frejus area (where we were thinking of heading) we must be lucky. Camargue interesting lots to do lots of bulls? Visited Arles yesterday Saintes Maries De La Mer both good day out lots going on sts maries festival, mad donkey races in the streets & bulls (again) on the beach (mock bullfighting). Moving on to Dordogne Sunday hope weather is as good as predicted::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We are crossing the water on friday 25th, hope there's plenty of sunshine over there, not sure where we are heading as yet, but will probably stay on the aire at dunkirk friday night as will be arriving late. Need to find some lakes or canals as taking our canoe.
hope to get free wifi in mcdonalds if i can figure out how to do it.
try to keep you updated where we are

Madmaggott

Free Member
Jun 19, 2010
Fishguard
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 Year
If any of you feel the need of a really, really, good shower and want to book into a site to recharge; try Yelloh Cote de Nacre.
Their ablutions block is far and away the best that I have ever visited either in Europe or UK. I could quite happily live in it (with a couple of windows added in places).
The only drawback is that you would not know you are in France, could be anywhere, but well run and good sized pitches. 15 Euros/night with ACSI

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We are crossing the water on friday 25th, hope there's plenty of sunshine over there, not sure where we are heading as yet, but will probably stay on the aire at dunkirk friday night as will be arriving late. Need to find some lakes or canals as taking our canoe.
hope to get free wifi in mcdonalds if i can figure out how to do it.
try to keep you updated where we are

Plenty of help in McDonalds for using wifi and it is really straightforward.

To keep up-to-date with the weather forecast, go to http://france.meteofrance.com/france/ and you will get detailed predictions for all regions. Click on a region to drill down to department level. We are enjoying good weather in Brittany at the moment and we are planning to drive off on Monday to the Loire-Atlantique then on to the Limousin followed by Bordeaux and then Biarritz. We may travel on down into northern Spain. The weather forecast for all these places is good for next week.

For details of aires go to http://airecampingcar.com where you will find a huge number of aires detailed with GPS co-ordinates provided.

BTW, we have a lovely big lake 10 minutes from us - Lac Guerledan. Formed 100 years ago by damming the Blavet river and flooding a valley, it is a beautiful lake and popular with canoists and other water users. If you are in Brittany, it is worth a visit.

Enjoy your trip.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back