Off to France for a week!! (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We're booked onto a night crossing (tunnel) next week. Just me and him :winky: and the bikes. We don't have a plan as such but don't intend to go too far south as we've only got a week. We did the Normandy landings etc a couple of years ago - can anyone suggest any other 'must do's' in the north west region.

I quite fancy cycling round Le Crotoy and Abbeville on the cycle routes. We'll be prepared for all weathers (I'm not scared of a bit of rain!):rain:

Jill

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Jill we stayed at le Crotoy at easter for a night lovely little town didn't have the bike with us but did do a 10mile run along the cycle path and thought it was very nice loads of wild life. I would recommend a night or two at hornfluer aire right next to the town and loads of places to cycle. We then went to Loyat and stayed at local campsite which is owned by a British couple lovely lake that you can walk round or cycle more for mountain bikes though, again though has a cycle track right next to entrance to campsite that goes for miles did a run along this at 6 one morning and it was lovely saw a few squirrels and other wild life.

Hope your taking the trainers also:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
wish i could fit in a suitcase, I would stowaway

hehehehe

I could do with a holiday

have fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi Jill we stayed at le Crotoy at easter for a night lovely little town didn't have the bike with us [HI]but did do a 10mile run [/HI]along the cycle path and thought it was very nice loads of wild life. I would recommend a night or two at hornfluer aire right next to the town and loads of places to cycle. We then went to Loyat and stayed at local campsite which is owned by a British couple lovely lake that you can walk round or cycle more for mountain bikes though, again though has a cycle track right next to entrance to campsite that goes for miles did a run along this at 6 one morning and it was lovely saw a few squirrels and other wild life.

Hope your taking the trainers also:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Poser::bigsmile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Beaugancy at the beginning of the Loire Valley has a good aire right on the banks of the river and also next to the cycle way, if you are in that area worth a couple of nights.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Tregastel - Pink Granite Coast. Click link and zoom into green arrow to see Aire.

Also - interesting Chateau at Fougeres, with nearby Aire - see green arrow again.

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi I second what Carol has said about Beaugency also Sully sur Loire and Briare has nice aires also places to cycle. All along the Loire there's some nice aires ,we went down east of Paris and stopped at Catillon sur sambre canalside aire with cycleway then Geraudot large lake with cycleway then down briare then along Loire . Terry:Cool:

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Awww, thanks everyone can't wait to get the maps out and start plotting a route - they all sound great, we're going to be spoilt for choice ::bigsmile:

Gerry, I haven't run since July due to a 3 year old ankle injury flaring up again :Sad:.
I sprained it training back in 2009 but it never really healed and we took on a shop in March which has meant a lot more time on my feet. I was told not to run but to be honest it's no better for the rest. I'm waiting on an ultrasound scan and then maybe (another) MRI to see what's happening. I'm seriously thinking of going out again and just doing what i can because I'm really missing it (and all my running buddies):Smile:

jill

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
France,---
I want to go back---
No traffic jams--no chip shops--free car parks--more choice supermarkets--60`s type of lifestyle--not too many speed traps--cheap wine--street resturants--
aires--
It`s a long time untill next may :cry:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
France,---
I want to go back---
No traffic jams--no chip shops--free car parks--more choice supermarkets--60`s type of lifestyle--not too many speed traps--cheap wine--street resturants--
aires--
It`s a long time untill next may :cry:

Just like North Scotland and no language barrier

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Awww, thanks everyone can't wait to get the maps out and start plotting a route - they all sound great, we're going to be spoilt for choice ::bigsmile:

Gerry, I haven't run since July due to a 3 year old ankle injury flaring up again :Sad:.
I sprained it training back in 2009 but it never really healed and we took on a shop in March which has meant a lot more time on my feet. I was told not to run but to be honest it's no better for the rest. I'm waiting on an ultrasound scan and then maybe (another) MRI to see what's happening. I'm seriously thinking of going out again and just doing what i can because I'm really missing it (and all my running buddies):Smile:

jill

Hi Jill
Sorry to hear about your ankle, have you ever tried Kinesio tape or Levo tape i prefer levo have a look on you tube they have video of how to apply it. I have used it for a sore knee after my physio recommended it and must admit it worked wonders.

Good luck
Gerry

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
You could always come and see us :roflmto:...

brilliant cycling

'Musée de la pomme & de la poire' is a close neighbour - we're in the centre of Calva country.

'Voie verte' (Green way/lane) old railway track, fantastic for walking/cycling... goes for miles...

and free parking etc. of course.

:thumb:

PS. We're midway between Mortain & Domfront, 50720

sampain

Free Member
Sep 1, 2012
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
If you are wanting to visit Abbeville, you should visit St Valery sur Somme and you are not too far from Amiens with its canals and Cathedral.

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Two more sleeps

Stycr, can you message me your address & phone no. It looks like we're heading for brittany and if time allows would love to meet up.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Two more sleeps

Stycr, can you message me your address & phone no. It looks like we're heading for brittany and if time allows would love to meet up.

Done :thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sent twice! Ok, here goes:

0233 613576

Church square in St.Cyr-du-Bailleul, 50720

West of Domfront on St.Hilaire-du-Harcouet road.

Hope you can make it!

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back