Off to collect our 5ver tomorrow - Yipeeee!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Yep at last Off to Paul at CrossCountryRV at Mildenhall to collect our wildcat 31thsb, Had a huge delay in proceedings however all of our making. Paul and Arvil have just be amazing with their patience and understanding. So we are going to spend 2 days at the Round Plantation site for a 2 day handover and systems check.
Phantom are coming to fit the tracker and hopefully sleep tight security system fitted next week when we are back in sussex.
Just both full of excitment.

Just like to say a big thanks to that have assisted us, pointed us in the right direction. look for to seeing you sometime when passing

Best Wishes

Regards Anthony & Debbie

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
That has been a while coming but i am sure you will enjoy it all the more now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
youve had a long wait, bet you are really excited now its so close, enjoy your travels once your sorted

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Great news :thumb:

Lots to look forward to - ENJOY ::bigsmile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Sounds very exciting, happy travelling to you both :thumb:

derek b

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
Good Luck be with you!!

Very pleased to hear of the forthcoming excitement...We were your neighbours for a week in Sussex!...Good Health and our very best regards....Derek and Sylv:thumb:

brunsdens

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
We have just got ours!

We picked ours up from Calder last week and absoloutly love it.

We tow with a Hilux. One mistake we made at first was towing on cruise control, we had an engine light come on as the transmission oil was getting too hot. Toyota were great. Snce not using Cruise - no light. I think we were overworking the engine on the hills in Scotland.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours. Our next outing is the caravan club rally!

Yvonne & Rob
Calder bunk house

coupey

Free Member
May 30, 2010
Gateshead
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Ccrv

Hi Ant&Debs,

after reading many of the posts on the forum I have just spotted that you bought your 5-er from CCRV and I think we may have seen it when we where there seeing Paul & Bill, if it was yours then it looked great.

We have ordered a new flagstaff BH from them after I bought a new dodge 2500 HD a few months ago and our current extreme lite is too low for comfort when hitched up.

I was wanting to know how you found CCRV, I feel like they don't seam to care, as I said before we visited them, picked the 5-er we wanted with all the extras, paid them the deposit straight away and promised a delivery date of the 2/3 rd week of July. We thought great and had a holiday booked in Devon last week of July perfect. So i advertised our old unit and within a week sold it and its being collected this Monday coming.

Many, many phone calls and emails later to Bill and Paul they eventually tell me that there is a problem and it wont be delivered till the end of August, so had to cancel Devon and our 2 weeks at the end of August, my family now very disappointed. They said they will keep me informed as to the progress, but you guessed it nowt.

How did you find dealing with them, did they return calls or did you have to pester them all the time too?

And do you know anybody else on the forum who bought a unit from them? suppose I'm just looking for reassurance really.

Once again sorry for the long winded question, look forward to hearing from you soon

Martin

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Martin

I'm sorry to say we had a bad experience with CCRV.

We didn't buy our 5er from them but were looking for the parts to enable us to fit a handbrake. They assured us they could supply what we needed.

After 5 months and many telephone calls (none of which were returned as promised) and several e-mails later and after hearing excuse after excuse we finally gave up with them.

It's just so frustrating when people treat you this way and just string you along.

Al

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi Ant&Debs,

after reading many of the posts on the forum I have just spotted that you bought your 5-er from CCRV and I think we may have seen it when we where there seeing Paul & Bill, if it was yours then it looked great.

We have ordered a new flagstaff BH from them after I bought a new dodge 2500 HD a few months ago and our current extreme lite is too low for comfort when hitched up.

I was wanting to know how you found CCRV, I feel like they don't seam to care, as I said before we visited them, picked the 5-er we wanted with all the extras, paid them the deposit straight away and promised a delivery date of the 2/3 rd week of July. We thought great and had a holiday booked in Devon last week of July perfect. So i advertised our old unit and within a week sold it and its being collected this Monday coming.

Many, many phone calls and emails later to Bill and Paul they eventually tell me that there is a problem and it wont be delivered till the end of August, so had to cancel Devon and our 2 weeks at the end of August, my family now very disappointed. They said they will keep me informed as to the progress, but you guessed it nowt.

How did you find dealing with them, did they return calls or did you have to pester them all the time too?

And do you know anybody else on the forum who bought a unit from them? suppose I'm just looking for reassurance really.

Once again sorry for the long winded question, look forward to hearing from you soon

Martin

Hi Martin sorry to hear of your woes, I can only say the buying experience through CCRV was excellant.

We had a delay in delivery but we had allowed, as know that the unit had to be built and then shipped from usa delays cannot be planned for.

Paul & Bill dont have offices loads of staff they do this all on their own, Even i have rang them and it take about 2 mins to realise who i was.

We found them to be very professional and helpful, I did realise that it was normally best to email paul late in the evening and by morning normally had a reply. then if no reply i would just call. bear in mind paul does play a lot of golf:ROFLMAO:

As I say we can only comment on things that concerned our unit. The only other thing is that paul is so laid back and probably a bit forgetful but keep ringing.

Good luck with you new unit

Ant & Debs:thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We purchased our fifth wheel through Paul and Bill at CCRV and we agree with everything that Ant&Debs say - we also had to wait longer than was promised, but the service and friendliness we received more than made up for it. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Only trouble is we only had our for fives weeks before we had to put it into storage to take our trip to the States.

Nigel and Pamala

coupey

Free Member
May 30, 2010
Gateshead
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Thanks to both of you for your feed back, I agree that they are very friendly and geniunely nice guys and now that you have said both your 5-ers arrived all be it later than planned, makes me feel whole lot happier.

We are so excited for it arriving and sad as we are in our current one now for the last time as its going on monday, we are enjoying the warmth and heavy rain at the lakes:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back