Off-line Google Maps - Good News For Android Users (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Still use my TT (truck 5150) in car and van. Spot on, never let me down even in the far south of Morocco. It has map updates for life 4 times a year. What I really like as well are the "live" services, that I reckon has saved me many hours of time and gallons of fuel, the easy switch between types of vehicle and the range of POIs available.

Will have a look at Google maps offline, at the moment the wife is the fall back and has Osmand+ on a tablet running especially as we near built up areas. I find that it is much easier to use now that you can increase and decrease the size of text in the map view. Previously found it annoyingly small.

I do have one serious delimma though. When fed contradictory instruction who do I follow? The wide or TT? The wife of course every time :). But do insist she get out and stop the traffic when I have to reverse back from barriers or bridges :LOL:

Dick

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I use a dedicated TomTom Rider on the bike.....Only because my phone lets in rainwater, and you cant see the damned thing at 70 mph in a cover.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't want to keep on about this , but for anyone interested in getting world mapping on your mobile smartphone have a look here
https://www.here.com/
Free to download , more poi than you can shake a stick at, downloaded maps so works without any connection goes right down to street level for walking always up to date .
You don't have to take my word for it and if you don't like it , fair enough, but what have you got to lose, just trying to save you hundreds of £s.
We have been all over Europe with nothing else, never got lost , never got stuck.
Will take you on all non toll roads if need be, it's got the lot , have a try it's all free, works on any platform.(y):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I use a dedicated TomTom Rider on the bike.....Only because my phone lets in rainwater, and you cant see the damned thing at 70 mph in a cover.
You can read the phone on your bike at 70 mph ,its when your breaking the 70mph that you can't read the thing ,well you can't on mine :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back