Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hello,

I thought I would post this here - I think it is the correct place and imagine our moderators will move it if not.

The question is, what do odd balls like me do? I do not live on the UK mainland but my motorhome does, my rosters (I am an airline pilot) are a work of fiction and I am clueless of what, where when and how I am going to be for most of the time.

I would love to be able to attend some of the rallies that are within reach of my UK base when my "weekend" actually coincides with a normal person's weekend.

So after all that, knowing I am totally unable to commit even remotely in advance, (and yes i suppose I should have looked) is it possible to telephone, text or email organisers to find out if there is room for a late, disorganised oddball to joine the fun.

Thank you - if necessary answers on the back of a £5 note.

:wine::imoutahere:Clive

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Old Romney in Kent. Not exactly central! but if I get over on a Friday I could probably be able to operate in about a 100 mile radius, subject to any conditions on late arrivals and be able to partake of the Friday night Saturday and Saturday night before scurrying back here on the Sunday. Sorry probably more than you wanted to read.

Clive:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Not been on alot of meets yet but have been interested in quite a few......although they often get full with a reserve list it's not unusual for there to be spaces at the last minute. Peoples plans change so don't worry, I'm sure you'll manage to join in:).

The best way is to keep track of meets in the Scheduled Rally section & if you do find yourself free just post on the relevent thread & ask if there's space(y)

Good luck:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A difficult one but you could do a print out of all the rallies that's on, then work out possibilities in your area, if you find you can get to one then, most rally's have a couple of no shows and you would probably get on. Though with Warners Show rallies you could park in the General area and go over to the Fun Marquee and join in. Hopefully you will manage one in 2016.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not been on alot of meets yet but have been interested in quite a few......although they often get full with a reserve list it's not unusual for there to be spaces at the last minute. Peoples plans change so don't worry, I'm sure you'll manage to join in:).

The best way is to keep track of meets in the Scheduled Rally section & if you do find yourself free just post on the relevent thread & ask if there's space(y)

Good luck:)
As per @Debs - there are last minute cancellations and it is always worth asking. Hope to see you around sometime.....

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You could always PM the marshalls on a few in the next however long, and get their Mob numbers - then you'd have the wherewithal, wouldn't you?

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Thank you all for your helpful and constructive suggestions. I look forward to meeting some of you in due course.

Makes it all sound so much more possible. Thank you

Off to bed now! Clive

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Although Fun rallies are the best :) they normally need to be booked whereas you can just turn up at MCC http://dev.motorcaravanners.eu/ rallies if members so may be another option.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
You could always post on here when you would be around in the uk I'm sure a few funsters would be available to have a mini meet somewhere with you at some time :) try it you never know. ;)

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Good morning, thank you again for more useful input.

Regarding booking holidays in advance that is difficult due to abysmal mismanagent. I had written quite a rant but just cut it as though it was good to get it off my chest it would be of little interest here. Suffice to say 2 years and 4 months then I am free (unless Camelot do the decent thing which will advance matters)!

:france:::bigsmile::france:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back